1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AceKard2.1 firmware AKAIO 1.6RC1 problem...I'm new at this.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xfangxpro, Mar 23, 2010.

1. xfangxpro

xfangxpro Member

I've downloaded the necessary firmware from the website and updated the loaders like I've been shown in tutorials on youtube. Yet, when i try to load up any game, the word Loading... appears on the bottom screen, with the top screen being completely black. the word loading turns green...and stays like that. I apologize if there is a thread that I missed. If so, kindly direct me to it. If not, please help me on the other problem.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Any particular game, or all games in general?
    How long do you wait when it says loading? When first starting a game, the firmware has to create a save file for the game. I believe this causes a pause for a little while on most cards.

Check out the AKAIO wiki for tutorials on how to properly install and use your firmware.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO

Info about DMA mode (the green loading) may be helpful as well.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#DMA_Mode

3. xfangxpro

xfangxpro Member

Let's put it this way: I would load up a game (I've tried several, some with AP, some without to make sure) and scroll through several forums to check for more tutorials, after all of which I look back at the screen to see it still loading...I'm probably going to reinstall the firmware again from scratch.

4. kevph1

kevph1 Active Member

sounds like maybe you didn't get all the necessary files with your firmware or something - it should only take a max of 15 seconds for the game to load - try downloading the firmware again (did you get in from linfoxdomain? - best place for firmware imo) and see if it works - otherwise maybe you don't have some of the files in the right folders or something - if it still doesn't work give as detailed an explanation of what you did as you can and i will try to help!

5. xfangxpro

xfangxpro Member

still not working. i went to linfoxdomain to download the AKAIO 1.6RC1 again, erased everything from the microSD except my games folder, and extracted the files again to the root of the micro SD card. then i went to download the new loaders and replaced the ones in the _aio/loaders directory. in that directory there are now 4 files, an ak2loader.nds, an akloader.nds, and two .rar files, one that says ak2loader and the other akloader. when i boot any game, the word loading appears in green still. anything i need to do?

6. kevph1

kevph1 Active Member

hmm - it's exactly the same files as are on my acekard - but mine works fine. only thing i can think of is that the new 1.6 firmware has some "anti-piracy" (or something like that) measures of it's own, so if it detects that the acekard it is being run on is a fake it will not work properly - i suggest downloading the 1.5 firmware and seeing if some of the older games work with that - if you have a fake card you will still be able to play loads of games just not the really new ones (you may be able to bring the card back to the shop where you got it and complain?) - hope this helps you and maybe other people will be able to give you more/better advice!
    ps let me know if the 1.5 firmware works!

7. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

There is a bad batch of Acekard 2.1s out there, official team is working on a fix, 2is' are not effected. In the meantime, I believe you'll have to use the older official firmware.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201192&st=225&p=2628415&#entry2628415