1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard was working yesterday now it isn't showing up - Help please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by angusangus, Mar 12, 2010.

1. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

As I posted yesterday, I finally got my 2 acekards working after enabling the card drivers on a DS Lite.

They were working great last night but today one won't show up on the DSi menu.

I've swapped them around and it's one particular card that won't show on the DSi menu.

I tried putting it back in a DS Lite to try to enable the driver again but it won't even show up on the DS Lite menu.

Is it knackered or is there anything I can do?

Many thanks

2. Avatar33

what type of acekard do you have 2.1, 2 or 2i

3. angusangus

It's a brand new (from Dealextreme) acekard 2i

4. Mamaandpapa

Mamaandpapa Member

i bought my acekard 2.1 from dealextreme and the acekard is messed up. just to let you know. all file name text is garbled and games i got disappeared. and i somehow lost 400 mb in the micro sd even though there's nothing in the sd now. i got scammed off of dealextreme bs.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sounds like a corrupted MicroSD card to me. Connect your MicroSD to your computer and use SD Formatter.
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

Backup any important files that you can first, as formatting your card will delete all the data on it.

When you updated your Acekards, did they show the "Danny Phantom" icon?

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Tirith,this is what has happenned so far

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36080.0

This thread is on the next page of the help section.

7. TirithRR

This is why I dislike it when users create multiple topics :)

Well, at least Mama might benefit from some help.

8. theunderling

LOL Tirith,everyone seems to listen to hijackers.

Angus only joined the other day and Ive advised him about stuff,but I cant help further as Ive not got a DSi.Ive also said that you and Anandjones are the people to talk to on here....

9. OXOBloxo

OXOBloxo Well-Known Member

angus so you have 2 acekards, 1 working and 1 not.

try swapping the sd cards over to see if the problem still exists with the acekard or not, it may only be a problem with the SD card.

if you are sure its the actual acekard thats not working it wouldnt then hurt to try the acekard firmware update again.
    to perform the update again on the acekard thats not working, you can load that update file on your good acekard
    (but remember that you do it from a DS not the DSi v1.14)
    when you perform the update the screen asks you to "eject and replace your acekard" just before it updates, at this point remove your "good" acekard and put in your acekard thats not working.

10. angusangus

Re: Acekard was working yesterday now it isn\'t showing up - Help please

Tirith, yes I did but now after using them for a day, the Danny Phantom icon doesn't show up. I have swapped over cards from one DSi to another and it's the same card that doesn't seem to be recognised.

PS sorry if a starting a different topic confused. I thought with it being a different subject matter, that's what would be required
    Post Merge: [time]1268466570[/time]
    Yep, that's right Oxo. 2 x DSi and 2 x acekards.

Yesterday I followed the instructions to update the card drivers and they worked immediately. They showed the Danny Phantom and all the games I put on.

Then later in the day one of my kids said his wasn't working.

The Dsi comes up with the message 'There is no card inserted in the DS Game Card slot'

I have tried swapping them around and even when I put it in the other DSi, that machine says the same thing.

I'm baffled really unless it's the damn acekard thats knackered and I have to buy another and wait 3 weeks!!!

Any ideas or assistance is very welcome

Thanks

Edit: I reformatted the SD card and put on the driver update then back into the acekard. Put it in the DS Lite but it's still not recognised. The DS Lite doesn't see it at all and says 'There is no DS card inserted'

I think it must be the acekard thats gone tits up?

11. TirithRR

The card might not be making good contact in your DSi. Try inserting it with a piece of paper on the back to put a bit more pressure on the card contacts.

12. angusangus

Tried that until I could hardly push the card in so it's as tight as can be - still no joy :(

Tried swapping SD cards etc in the DS Lite but the same acekard gives the message 'There is no DS Card inserted' :(

13. theunderling

So does the other Acekard and both microsd cards work in both the Dsi's.

If its yes then I would presume its the Acekard.I would see what Dex's return policy is and see if theyll replace it.In the meantime I can send you my spare one until a replacement arrives to save a couple of weeks.

14. angusangus

Yes mate it does, and what a kind offer!

15. theunderling

If youve still got my mobile text me with your address or PM it to me on the "other site" and I can post it Sunday.Just send me one back when you sort something out with DExtr.

16. angusangus

Really appreciate that and will do. I emailed Dextr last night but I don't know what their after sales dept is like. The pro-forma was asking for a SKU which I didn't have so I sent an email to their customer services instead of the 'my hardware doesn't work' type of link.

I'll see what (if any) response I get. If I get none, I'll have to bite the bullet and order another one or two.

Thanks again.

In the meantime if anyone knows of a way of getting a possibly knackered card going again, I would be pleased to listen.

Cheers all.

17. angusangus

Got that acekard of yours LITM, many thanks.

When I put it in my DSi with a MicroSD card in, all it shows is the AK icon and not the Johnny Phantom.

[​IMG]

If I put it in my daughters DS Lite, the Johnny Phantom icon shows up and the games can be accessed.

Does this mean that the acekard needs the driver update to play on the DSi?

18. theunderling

I would imagine that you have got to go through the same steps as you did with the other 2 x Acekards.Ive never used a DSi only the DSlite.Im not sure if that Danny Phantom update "changes" something on the Cart.

Does anyone know?

19. angusangus

Re: Acekard was working yesterday now it isn\'t showing up - Help please

Thanks And in the absence of any comments from other contributors here I'll update the AK driver tonight and get back to you Fingers crossed that will sort it. Cheers
    Post Merge: [time]1268860333[/time]
    Just an update folks: Got a new AK in the post today, popped in my MicroSD card loaded with games and the firmware and hey presto, worked immediately!!!

I must have got a dud from Dealextreme.

All's well that ends well. Thanks for all your help, especially LookntheMIrror who loaned me his spare. Cheers mate :)