1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard vs. CycloDS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Legerdemain, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legerdemain

Legerdemain New Member

I'm thinking of getting a flashkart for my DS Lite, but I don't know which one is better.

Based on my readings here, it seems like R4 is out of the question (Look at the 32894739 fixes required!).

I'm currently debating between Acekard and CycloDS.
    What are the pros and cons of each?
    Which one do you recommend?

And for the Acekard, is there any difference at all between 2.1 and 2i in terms of the DS Lite?

Thanks in advance.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

CycloDS has better compatibility (currently the best), though the Acekard is not bad. Cyclo also has a new auto-patching feature for the Piracy checks, which so far has worked pretty well. (Though it's only been tested on one new game).

Acekard is considerably more affordable, and has a DSi card.

There is no difference between the 2 and the 2i as far as the DS Lite is concerned.

Personally I have the CycloDS. And I believe if you don't mind the extra cost, you should get it. But for those not able to or willing to spend more, the Acekard is a good option.

3. Legerdemain

Legerdemain New Member

I see.... Thanks!
    And do you know in general which games/companies have the Piracy checks?
    And is it possible to patch the check manually on Acekard?

4. TirithRR

Basically anything by Square Enix has a check. Maybe one or two others.

Other cards have come out with firmware upgrades that fix the specific piracy check when a game is released. And if not, you can enable Cheat Codes that bypass the check (Usually called "Game Fix" or "Save Fix" cheats).

5. Legerdemain

Legerdemain New Member

What about the build quality of the cards themselves?
    Are either likely to break very soon?

And I can't seem to find the CycloDS on dealextreme.... The official site for it is down too :[

6. TirithRR

I don't think Dealextreme carries the CycloDS. And you cannot purchase from the official site. I bought mine from realhotstuff.com

(Also, the Cyclo Website is not down, http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl )

They are both well built cards. I don't think either will break with normal use. The MicroSD slot on my CycloDS was tight the first two times removing it, but after that it was fine.

7. Legerdemain

Legerdemain New Member

Thanks for your help.
    I think I'll go with the Acekard.... CycloDS is way too much for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.