1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard "There is no DS Card inserted" Error

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by xxdelta77xx446, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Just got my Acekard 2.1. Downloaded all the newest stuff, loaders, firmware and all, and I can't get it to recognize. The microSD is fine, tested it in my M3 Simply. Followed the guide here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO, and other guides on gbatemp. The problem is either in the Acekard itself or I'm not doing the firmware right. Speedy answers are appreciated. Thanks a ton romulation!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure the card it making good contact in your DS. Try placing a piece of paper along side the DS to push the acekard towards the pins. See if that helps.

3. It clicks in just fine, but after trying that still doesn't work. Any other ideas or is it dead?

4. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

Make sure the plastic parts over the pins isnt covering it by chance. I had my acekard for almost 2 years now and it suddenly didn't read one day so I just moved the plastic part a tad so it was aligned right and it worked again. Don't know if thats the problem you have but worth a try.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.
    [​IMG]

5. Mine doesn't even have those plastic pieces. To clarify my card, its an Acekard ver 2.1, it has a mirror-like silver sticker on the front. I just looked at my M3 Simply and it does have those little plastic pieces. I'm pretty sure my card isn't a fake...but the more this goes on, the worse I feel. Thanks for the reply and keep them coming until I can fix this.

6. luvelias

Ah well lol. I tried. The ak2i has those and I think the older models of ak2.1 did... but I'm not sure. Goodluck [=

7. So as far as I can tell, my Acekard was dead from the moment it was shipped. It should at least show up in the DS menu even if it doesn't boot right? Sigh. Now to send angry emails until I get my money back and/or a new Acekard. Does anyone have a place to get a 2.1 (not a 2i) that ships from the USA, and NOT Hong Kong? Thanks as always.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I got my Acekard2i from www.realhotstuff.com

9. I ordered a EZ 3in1 from realhotstuff, haven't tried it yet because of the situation but it came nice and fast. I would have ordered my Acekard from there too but they didn't have any listing on the site for 2.1s. They do have them there now though, so if I don't get a re-ship from this other site, I'll definitely order on realhotstuff. Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought to go back there.

10. luvelias

Where did you order from out of curiosity so I know where to stay away from?

11. http://www.buy-acekard.com/

The site itself isn't all that bad. The customer service is nice for it being a small shop. The owner and I exchanged plenty of emails about solutions to try and how the replacement process works. It should be replaced soon, so I have no reason to get mad unless I get another dud. But anyways, realhotstuff is in New Jersey, I think, and they ship pretty fast, so as long as they have what you want, try there.