1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard help needed.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sushigal007, Nov 19, 2010.

1. sushigal007

sushigal007 Member

I have a DS Phat and have been tiring of my ancient, obsolete Supercard and Superkey and decided to treat myself to an Acekard.
    It arrived today, so I hunted down a tutorial, formatted my SD card, installed AKAIO and Moonshell and a game and popped it all into my DS. Switched on aaaaaaand... it froze. Right there on the Health and Safety screen. I deleted Moonshell. It froze. I deleted the game. It froze. I formatted it and installed the official firmware. It froze. I went into the DS settings and told it to autoboot. It froze. I deleted everything from the SD card, and put a single game on there. It froze. I searched the forum, found a noob guide with different firmware. It froze. I used a different SD card. It froze. I thought "OK, maybe both SD cards are screwed, lets see what happens with no SD card in there." Of course, it froze.

As far as I can tell, it's not a clone. The website I brought from was linked from the Acekard website, the box looks real, and the cart looks real with no telltale window. I'm totally out of ideas now, so I turn to you. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something blindingly obvious such as "you can't use an Acekard 2i on a Phat!" or am I going to have to try and get a refund?

2. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Well , maybe just a faulty cart ? It seems you've tried everything .

3. sushigal007

sushigal007 Member

Yeah, I thought that was probably it, but hoped there was some trick I'd missed! Ah well, I'll email them in the morning. Thanks. :)

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

probably you ordered preflashed for firmware 1.4.1? it probably is bricked, so you can try running the 1.4.1 fix again to unbrick it. also, try downloading AKAIO 1.7 or below, if that runs, then your card is fake and cant run the latest firmware.

here is a link for 1.4.1 fix: http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard? go to section 11 and look for how to unbrick acekard

5. sushigal007

sushigal007 Member

No joy with either option. :( Froze with the section 11 stuff and froze with AKAIO version 1.5.1. I'll contact the seller, looks like it's dead.