1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard Cheat Troubles

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheFreakinDuck, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

Ok so I pressed the Y button to pull up the cheat menu. Did all the proper configuration techniques the Help File told me to do but when I try to load the game after activating the cheats it won't let me.

And if I do load the game it deactivates the cheat codes beforehand. Is there anyway to load cheats with an Acekard? And if so how do I do it?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What database are you using? How do you know that the cheats disable when you load the game? Also, how can you load the game after the cheats are enabled?

??

3. TheFreakinDuck

Ok in answer to your questions.

1) I'm using a database from GBA Temp called Cheat.dat

2) I tested out the loading theory by trying to activate a cheat and loading the game and the cheat didn't take effect (Jewel Quest: Expeditions' Infinite Lives code was the test code I used).

3) I have no idea. I'm trying to figure out how to load the game while the cheats are enabled to let them take effect.

4. anandjones

You might need to use usrcheat.dat. What kind of Acekard is this?

5. TheFreakinDuck

It's an Acekard2. I know that when I downloaded the OS that the usrcheat.dat database came preloaded into it.

I'll give it a try and see if it helps but if it doesn't work I'm officially stuck from there.

6. anandjones

It should be in the Cheats folder in the _Ak2 directory.

Then, press START in the firmware (or OS) menu, select PATCHES, and then scroll to SELECT CHEAT DATABASE. Change it to usrcheat.dat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.