1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard 4.21 firmware doesn't open save file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mohsinr, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mohsinr

Mohsinr Member

when i use 4.21 official firmware, the acekard doesn't recognize the save file. every time, it makes a new save file. but when i use 4.07a15 it works fine. akaio 1.5 doesn't recognize the save files either for some reason. even though i made the save file using akaio 1.5.1, after i restart the game, it creates a new save file. i tried using akaio 1.4.1 but updating the loaders, but it doesn't work. in this one, when i click on a rom than it just freezes at the end of the processing bar. i want to use akaio 1.5.1 or 4.21 because they have updated loaders. on 4.07 i can't play mario and luigi: bowsers inside story or kingdom hearts 358/2 days or gta chinatown wars.
    thanks

2. ray13j

ray13j Well-Known Member

Try using akaio.

3. Mohsinr

Mohsinr Member

did you even read my post? i used akaio 1.5.1 it doesn't work. the save file it makes it doesn't recognize it the next time i open up my ds.

4. ray13j

ray13j Well-Known Member

Well stay and use 4.07a15 then.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Do you have an Acekard 2 or Acekard 2i? Was it working before, and now isn't, or has it never worked?

There was a bad batch of Acekard2's that had similar results, saving wouldn't work, except with really old firmwares. If this is the case you can return it and get a replacement. According to Acekard, they honor a one year warranty on their flashcarts.

6. Mohsinr

Mohsinr Member

acekard 2. i use it for original ds not ds lite or dsi. i just bought it recently. it never worked for a higher firmware. but the saving actually does work. the only problem is that every time i restart my ds, it makes a new save file instead of loading my previous save file.

7. TirithRR

That is part of the problem. It works, until you turn off your DS.
    I don't have any idea about the details of the issue, but it's been discussed on gbatemp, and the owner of realhotstuff talks about it in a few topics there. There is also a separate issue dealing with Acekard 2i "copies" that work perfectly but have different hardware (again, I don't know the details, and it only affected a recent batch).

8. ray13j

ray13j Well-Known Member

The fake acekard2i needs the r4i update for it to work fine.

9. Mohsinr

Mohsinr Member

r4i for acekard2i?? wth?? lol
    anyways is there anyway to fix this other than to replace? i didn't buy from realhotstuff

10. TirithRR

It's not realhotstuff that had the problem, I was just using saying that the owner of that site acknowledged the problem in the topics on gbatemp.

And I don't believe that there is any fix for the bad Acekard2's, other than replacing them.

11. Mohsinr

Mohsinr Member

Re: acekard 4.21 firmware doesn\'t open save file

alright than is there any other firmware that works on these kind of acekards? or is there anyway to update the loaders on 4.07a15? i want to play mario and luigi bowsers inside story, but it doesn't work it has a white screen. it works when i use akaio 1.5.1 or 4.21 firmware, but the saving doesn't work. (just like normal for me it saves but next time i open ds it makes new file inste
    Post Merge: [time]1266862227[/time]
    alright than is there any other firmware that works on these kind of acekards? or is there anyway to update the loaders on 4.07a15? i want to play mario and luigi bowsers inside story, but it doesn't work it has a white screen. it works when i use akaio 1.5.1 or 4.21 firmware, but the saving doesn't work. (just like normal for me it saves but next time i open ds it makes new file instead of loading the previous file)
    i also want to play kingdom hearts 358/2 days.

12. Mohsinr

Mohsinr Member

so there no other way at all? is there no way i can play mario & luigi bowsers inside story on my ds with my current acekard?

13. TirithRR

You can try use the patches available, check the Anti-Piracy sticky topic for links.

14. Mohsinr

Mohsinr Member

they don't work still

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.