1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by vincygirl, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

ok here is my problem my card works with my brothers dsi and not mine. the only diffrence i can see between ours is that his dsi says its running 1.2 version and mine is running 1.4 version what can i do to make it work on mine???

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

did you updated your DSi fimware, in case you did it reneders Flashcards unusable.

3. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

i might have or maybe the husband did is their a way to bring it back to version 1.2 or is their a software update to make the card work with viersion 1.4

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Run the Acekard 1.4 update on the Acekard in the DSi with 1.2
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/AceKard_2i_firmware_v1.4.zip

Use the DSi version of the update.
    Then the Acekard will work on the other DSi again.

5. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

ok so where exactly do i put this file sorry i'm not the greatest with computers.

6. TirithRR

Just put it on your MicroSD like you would any Game. And run it like you would any game.

7. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

what i mean by that is thaT i have a couple of folders on the card do i havee to put into one of the folders??

8. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

its simple really backup your games folder, then format your SD card (if you are windows, rigth click and select format, if you are a macintosh jsut double click the card move the items to the trashcan and press shift and deletle) now uncompress the file, you will get a fodler, grab all the items, but the .doc/txt, ect. document and place it inside the root fo your micro SD card (the place were the previous items you erased are) now send in again your games folder, and voila, it should be working again.

9. TirithRR

Not quite. This is not firmware, this is an update to the card. You need the firmware still on the card, and you need to run the update.NDS file like you would run a Game.

10. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

No, just anywhere, however you will need a DS or a DSi that is not running 1.4. Once you run the update the AK2i should be able to work on your DSi, PM me with any problems.

EDIT:You guys beat me. :p oh well

11. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

ok so i transfered the file to my card and now i will test on my ds, what about all the othe files on my sd card. ok it worked on my ds but still not my dsi, but on this card i have alot of other things on it.

12. TirithRR

You should back up your games and saves just incase anything goes wrong. But you should be able to leave everything the same and just run the Update.

13. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

i ok i used winrar to extract the file to the card. is that all i'm suppose to do?? what do you mean by run the update.

14. slingshot182

Yes, then run the update like you would any other game.

15. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

ok you mean with my ds.

16. slingshot182

Yep.

Once you run the update put the card into your DSi and it should run fine.

17. TirithRR

When you extract the 1.4 update, there are two files, one for the DSi and one for the DS Lite.

Put the one for the DSi on your MicroSD like you would put any other game on it.
    Put the MicroSD in your Acekard and put the Acekard in your DSi (the one with 1.2 firmware on it).
    Start the Acekard and run the update, just like you would if you wanted to play a game.

18. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

ok please don't leave yet i'm gonna try it soon i just formated the card and now gonna transfer everything back on it. thanks alot thou so far.
    Post Merge: [time]1261965422[/time]
    thank you so much

19. slingshot182

Did you get it to work on your DSi?

20. vincygirl

vincygirl Member

yes it did thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.