1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard 2I

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MadPsycho, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadPsycho

MadPsycho Member

Hi i currently have a DSi ver 1.2e and an R4i from www.R4i-SDHC.COM which has the TTDS R4i mix that allows you to play kingdom hearts and inside story.
    My question is i have just got an acekard 2i and it came with no software what software do i need plz,and do i need to upgrade dsi to 1.4 and if I do upgrade to 1.4 will the R4i still work.
    Thanks in advance as I find this all very confusing.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The dsi doesn't need to be updated-if anything-it's best NOT upgraded for future use.

www.acekard.com

Go there and get the latest firmware-but you will also need the alternate-akio.

Akio may be un-official-but it allows certain games like kingdom hearts to run smoothly :)

To get max compatibility-locate the latest akio firmware (1.5 I think) and from the acekard site get the "akloader" file.

The card should look like this once you put akio in (inside the sd card's root-or begining).

- _akio
    -akmenu.nds

With the akloader file (akloader.nds I think) locate the akloader folder-inside the _akio folder.

Later on, if a game won't work on akio-just bring up the rom options on the game you wish to alter (hit select while highlighting the rom I believe) and find the akloader option-switch from akio and or akloader.

I hope that helps :)

3. MadPsycho

MadPsycho Member

Thx got it to work first time but i now have no clue on how to get the games to work that have problems i.e kingdom hearts

4. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

READ (A)

it's really not that difficult :) just look up your Flashcard in the list, and take the steps that are written there....
    there's really nothing to it.. and if it doesn't work, try it again, may be you did something wrong?

and if it's still not working , try to update your firmware... or may be there is an action replay code you can use...
    that is usually in the cheat directory..
    you can get the latest cheats here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
    yours is : CHEAT.DAT file and the cheat.xml

anyway! good luck! there's really nothing to it!

Post Merge: [time]1255355311[/time]
    and btw you've got a good Flashcard so, i wont worry if i were you :)

PPS: if you really don't know what to do.. here is a website where you can download the latest Guids and tutorials: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and even the latest firmware!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.