1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chelsrulz, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chelsrulz

chelsrulz Member

Look im new to all this , hope someone will help me .Just bought an acekard 2i what do i need to put on it and where can i get it , to run these roms.

cheers

2. hakumeikage09

hakumeikage09 Member

I own an Acekard 2i, but you need to be a bit clearer. What do you need to know?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You need firmware. Go to http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

4. hakumeikage09

hakumeikage09 Member

The firmware comes preinstalled.

5. anandjones

I highly doubt it, unless it comes with a MicroSD. Depends where you get it.

6. chelsrulz

chelsrulz Member

Cheers all bought acekard and micro sd bundle its still coming in post. I dont think anything is preinstalled so i need firmware to get these games to work when i download them onto sd card is that right.
    Thanks for your help in advance

7. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

You need to find and download the following firmware for your Acekard2i;
    "AKAIO version 1.4.1."
    You will also need the loaders for the AKAIO so Google;
    "AKAIO Nintendo DSi AK2i Loaders"
    AKAIO is short for Acekard All-In-One. This is the best firmware that you can get for your Acekard2i (That I know of.)

8. dougherd

dougherd Member

I'm having problems with my Acekard 2i when I try to run games on the DSi. I've loaded the suggested firmware - AKAIO 1.4.1 - along with AKAIO loader, onto the Micro SD card. The games appear on the DSi but when I select any one of them, the word loading appears on the screen, turns green and freezes.

I am new to all this, so apologies for being a bit thick, but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

9. anandjones

So the firmware seems to function properly then? Try backing up and reformat your MicroSD.

10. dougherd

dougherd Member

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately I still have the same problem - I deleted everything from the micro SD card, then downloaded AKAIO 1.4.1, then the AKAIO loader, and finally loaded all the games back onto the SD card. I get the games showing on the screen but whenever I select one it just comes up "loading" which then turns green and freezes.

11. anandjones

Did you format?

12. dougherd

dougherd Member

Probably not. Not sure how to do that. Any advice please?
    Post Merge: [time]1246433689[/time]
    Just tried it again - deleted everything, then formatted with FAT32, then added everything back on, but still have the same problem.

13. eliotie

eliotie Active Member

To format just put your TF card on the computer (via a usb card reader) open my computer take out all the files (so you don't loose everything) then right click and press format after its done put what you took out before formatting in it and it should work also be careful where you put the games and where you put the firmware put it at the root of your TF card not in a folder in the root

14. dougherd

dougherd Member

Apologies for my ignorance but what is a TF card?

15. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

It's another name for your microSD. Anyway, eliotie seems to have missed your post where you say you formatted it, so his post isn't important. Have you got everything working yet, or are you still having the same problem?

16. dougherd

dougherd Member

Thanks for the reply, yes I still have the same problem. I tried to format the Micro SD card but it is still the same - the games show on the DSi but when you try to load one, it just freezes.

17. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Well, I have neither an acekard nor a DSi so I can't help. It could be possible your card is just broken. But I'm sorry I can't be more help. Good luck.

18. dougherd

dougherd Member

No worries, thanks for taking the time to post.

19. bsarmini

bsarmini Active Member

To get official firmware for the acekard go to www.acekard.com and download the latest firmware and put it straight on the sd card. HOPE I HELPED XD

20. Girate

Girate Guest

Hay aso get the latest firmware for the 2i. acekard 2i are ok. WHen u download your roms unzip them before putting them on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.