1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i. What do I need to know?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Deathbreak911, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Ok, right now I have ready for my Acekard 2i,

~Akmenu4.nds
    ~The file that came with the download
    ~Moonshell
    ~Moonshell's folder

Is there anywhere I can get a tutorial on Acekard 2i, or the Acekard 2? I have a lot of questions, like can I have unlimited themes on it and what type of save does it use and what's this savestate crap about and bla bla bla.

Thanks in advanced :D ^.^

TL;DR You're lazy, it's like 8 lines. All I want is a tutorial for Acekard 2i or acekard 2

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

save states are different from normal saving-it saves where you are, however, on the acekard your gonna need some homebrew emulators for older systems before you worry about that XD

you can have as many themes as your memory can hold-but watch out some don't work (like the metal gear solid one I found :( )

It uses .sav files..but can't remember if it has nds before it...

It automatically makes save files for ds games once you play them-press select on the menu but you have to have "show hidden files" option turned on to even see the sav file.

I just mucked around with mine until I learnt it-it's dead easy to use, it's using homebrew games, applications (cbf with moonshell so got rid of it besides i have a ipod for music and video) and emulators that you may find annoying to use...

Using emu's can be difficult since different versions/types are involved, just let us know which games and apps your thinking off...

Oh and big note-there is no homebrew app for gba games-you need a "slot 2" flash card for that, I reccomend the ez flash 3in 1 since it acts as a rumble for roms and homebrew, memory expansion, and allows you to save one gba game on it (little complicated but I won't explain until you have one).

With that, you place the games on the acekard, and with that also inserted, you chose off the acekard's menu, and then it will load it into the ez flash card-just don't mess with it whislt loading or you will corrupt it partly like I did :(

I hope that helps-really all you need just for plain ds gaming is the first 2 files you mentioned, and some ds roms (make a folder-keeps them neat).

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Unlimited themes; unlikely. Save type would be 512 EEP probably. The emulators won't matter regarding version etc. or the flashcart you use, because it will work on most devices; the compatibility etc. of it is the emulator.

4. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, both of you!

5. dhCynical

dhCynical New Member

im having a problem importing my old .sav files from my r4 to my acekard2i. i heard it was as simple as copying the new sav file name the acekard creates and pasting it over the old sav file name and replacing it in the acekard game folder. but it doesnt seem to be working for me. any ideas?? Thanks.

6. Sacker

Sacker Well-Known Member

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#Links

Yea for themes, you just put it in __ak2\ui folder. I have 18 so far 8) (Press start to popup menu and select System Options->Themes to change your skin)

Here is a visual... using the AkIAO... video and tutorial ... with everyone elses website etc.

I hate adverts, but this site gives a good first time user of Ak2i... for people like myself... http://www.themott.com/content/acekard-2i-nintendo-dsi , and where I got mines from. 2 weeks before USA Dsi came out and before it was known to work with USA Dsi.

As for storage of the games, just make a name for your files or whatever, and place it in there, it behaves like windows and making folders and putting your stuffs in there. theres alot of customizations to your hearts content.

You dont have to do anything it does it for you automatically. Unless your porting saves from another medium.

If you use mott's version ak2i setup... its running 4.15 os and 3-20-08/8-09-08 cheats. (This uses everything including the AkAIo 1.41, Moonshell) all packaged together no fuss or muss.

The current os is 4.16 which can be found here : http://www.acekard.com/download.php
    fixed in 4.16 - Fixed saving issue of 3517 GTA. Add FAQ at start menu -> help

The generic way is to update the cheat db with 4.10.09 ---- how?

1. download the latest, i usually just get the file type ALL... from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
    2. unpack it.
    3. copy over the existing files or delete the old ones in the __ak2/cheats folder and copy over the newest current into the __ak2/cheats folder. Your updated... :D
    4. the only ones you need to copy over are : cheats.dat, cheats.xml, usrcheat.dat, the other files arent needed as they are for other flashcarts types.

Generic answers on file formats of the Ak2i:

Cheat enabled = yourgame.nds.cc
    Raw nothing edited = yourgame.nds
    your gamesaves = yourgame.sav

7. jadey4

jadey4 New Member

youtube

8. dhCynical

dhCynical New Member

thanks sacker, got all my files up to par :D

9. xaliciax

xaliciax New Member

Okay i have a problem. Can someone tell me if there was anything in the ui folder(where we put the skins at) that was not supposed to get deleted?

I downloaded 2 skins last night but i just took them off and when i went to the games it has a blue screen on top and black on the other one. I can still get to the games and all but when i press start it just freeze. Can someone please help me?