1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i vs R4i

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Riversong, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Riversong

Riversong Well-Known Member

• So I am thinking of buying a new R4i to replace my current one and I read somewhere that Acekard 2i might be better. Since I consider myself pretty new to this (or maybe a Novice would be better, since I have been doing this ROM stuff for about a year) I was wondering what everyone else had to say.

Let me list things that I am looking for in Memory card type-thingy (anyone wanna give me the technical term for these devices?) and maybe you can help:
      • Easy to use (the old R4i had this). All I had to do was just drop the games onto the memory card, pop in my device and poof! all ready.
      • Organised (" ")
      • Can play my current saves (uhhh I don't wanna lose my olde saved data that I worked so hard for)
      • Current technical support (I wanna be able to update to the latest version of DSi platform. Still running on the version that I got when the DSi was first realeased).
      • Nifty menu logos (I got a Sarah Jane menu that I just adore. Lost my Dr. Who menu). No, I don't have to be able to use the same exact ones I have now, but ones that work on Acekard 2 would be just fine. I think I can download those somewhere.
      • Cheats. I use them on occasion. Not often, but when I wanna play a hidden character (ie. Luigi in the New Super Mario Bros. game) I like to use them then.
      • Reliability...yeah something that they won't stop supporting after a few months or so(ie. http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp )
      • Wi-fi game play. I can do this with my current R4i...can Acekard 2i do this?

Thanks so much for your input. Let me know what you think.
      If you have another memory-card-thingy that you think works better than the two I just mentioned, let me know why. I am very interested in knowing why.

PS.
      I would have posted this in the debate area, but something tells me that this topic isn't deep enough for that that area.

Also, tried accessing the shop site today (29-1-10) and got some funky error message. Is it not working?

2. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

Well the R4i is a fake R4 varient dont know anything about its features.
    The AK2i is easy to use plus has a built in updater to update your firmware, cheats, and loader.
    support a lot of games without patching them. AKAIO 1.5.1 is a recent firmware for the ak2i and work perfectly imo
    For cheats you can switch them on/off for all games or one game
    easy to navigate and use

3. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Ez Flash Vi is great too for DSi support!!!

4. Riversong

Really, why is that?
    Post Merge: [time]1264953731[/time]
    Can I transfer my save data to the AK2i without any problems? I use a .sav extension while the games themselves are a .nds extension.

5. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

With Acekard 2i can can choose which files you want to see and use

You said I normally use .save extension and with acekard and AKIO you can choose between .save and .nds.save so if you have old .save you can use them again. (although before starting a game with your old save check the ROM info if your savetype is correct (4m or 512 K) otherwise they will corrupt you current save game

6. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

The Acekard 2i can do Wi-Fi and download play so yaeh, i would suggest you get the Acekard instead just because the people who made it haven't quit, so they are dedicated to making updates

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

and so can R4's...

But if you are wanting a very good flash cart, just get the Acekard 2i.

It's better than any old R4 ever!

8. airel1030

airel1030 Member

I use an Edge DS. My sister has the R4i. The Edge DS has more cheats, But i still do not know how to put cheats on the R4i. For your saves, you can convert them with http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The Acekard 2i has cheats for almost every game that is out. :p

10. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't the R4i do? It has also all cheats. I dont get it why all people say: "It's a Fake, it sucks!"
    And the Acecard is no fake? The original idea comes from the R4.
    Yes, I experienced problems with the R4i, but every problem had a solution. So far, the Card runs every Game! It's also updated very fast, like Cycle f.e.....
    I wouldn't say it's the best, but it works....

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Every flash cart is a rip off of another.
    (Especially the R4's).

One reason why there are so many R4's is because it is such an old brand and also that it's firmware was cracked and it has changed over the years to work on different cards, but the firmware for all of the cards are essentially the same...all with the same issues as well.

Yes, it does work, but i'm assuming most people don't know how to patch or don't want to learn how to patch roms.

Plus, the Acekard 2i was the first flash cart for the DSi. :p

In the end...the Acekard 2i is easier to use.

12. Riversong

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this. I thought that Acekard 2i would be the winner, and it looks like my gift of foresight is right again (somewhere someone is whistling the X-Files theme song, thus commenting on the spookiness of my talent for fore-thought). Anyway, as soon as I can, I will purchase the Ak2i.

Meanwhile, in response to the R4i user, I bought the original R4i, not the gold/yellow version (which is the one you must have). They stopped supporting it soon after releasing the R4i English v1.09b kernel. Actually I never could get it to work on my card, hence the reason for change. They told me they would fix it so I could, but never did.

Oh well...Ak2i here I come.

Ps. Has anyone been able to do a platform update for their DSi after buying Ak2i? I ask b/c I can't update (or rather I am afraid to update) my DSi platform software. I wanna be able to access some new games and the Facebook feature/application.

13. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

I like the Acekard 2i so much I bought 2 of the one for my DSL and one for my DSI.....I recommend upgrading it and putting the fix on it ...there's instruction's on here how to do it.....(I put pics on my facebook all the time with it..)
    I bought the R4i gold and the R4i (red box) upgrade before I got my Acekard 2i's....thinkin R4i's were all that....I cant even give them away now....so I'm out like $50 ......

Good Luck
    8)

14. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

make a poll

i like the acekard 2i the most
    i have also a r4i neo its sucks when i download 4 games mostly 2 works ;)

15. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Oh god oh god oh god.
    Acekard 2i.
    HANDS DOWN
    DON'T LOOK AT THE R4i.
    DON'T EVEN ACCEPT IT AS A GIFT.
    If someone attempts to GIVE or SELL you an R4i, assume they mean you harm, and immediately contact the police.

16. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

R4i works, so ......! The Acecard is great, yeah and better than the R4i, but it works good!

17. Riversong

Wow, I am convinced and entertained by this response. I mean WOW! I will buy the Ak2i today.

18. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

If I had to choose between these 2 flashcards

(which I can because I own a R4I RTS and 2 acecard 2i)

I would o for the Acekard 2i like I'm using now
    with R4 I had problems with cheats and newer games.

Since I use Acekard I'd no problems anymore and I could play
    even the games with AP on a clean ROM.

It works for me

19. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

20. Tommy1789

Tommy1789 New Member

go fucking guys ! You tell the r4i is sheet but when you look at the acekard it's sheet . So pliz don't tell r4i is bad cuz it's the best one : wi fi cheats , videos whereas acekard is just a piece of plastic .... Yay R4i