1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard 2i useage

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iwantndsroms, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

Hi i have just ordered an acekard 2i due to all the hype i see about them and that they play more games without patching and cracking than my r4i,what i want to know is do i have to extract the .nds files to the mirco sd like the the r4(does it even have a micro sd) or is it done in a different way?and where do i get the latest firmware if it doesnt come with it and is there any other info about it i may need to know many thanks in advance and happy xmas to everyone on this great site!

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Download the AKAIO 1.5 firmware and download the latest AKAIO loaders. Place the AKAIO firmware on your microSDHC card and then place the loader under the _aio/loaders directory. Create a file under the root of the SD card called Games and place all of your roms there. Insert into AK 2i and play on.
    miros

3. iwantndsroms

Thanks miros,i understand what your saying apart from this bit:
    Place the AKAIO firmware on your microSDHC card
    (and then place the loader under the _aio/loaders directory.)this bit :eek:

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

on the AKAIO firmware, you will have an _aio folder, in this folder you will see a folder called "loaders", this is where the updated loader has to go, you will find 3 loaders in there the 1st time you use the firmware, these can be deleted and replaced with the new loader

5. iwantndsroms

so if i get it and it already has the firmware on it shall i format the sd and start from new with it using the link above?

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

huh? how can it come with the firmware already on it?

just download the AKAIO firmware and loader and follow the instructions you have been given in this thread

7. iwantndsroms

it can come with the firmware on it if the person who is selling it to me puts it on the micro sd that comes with the acekard before he sends me it but if i doesnt ill follow the instructions cheers.

8. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I would not use the official AK firmware. It is not as fast as the AKAIO and the compatibility is not as high with the official AK loaders. Your best bet would be to download the Panasonic formatter and format your SD card. Then follow the instructions from my first post and you will be good to go.
    miros

9. iwantndsroms

cheers miros, ill try that later as my acekard2i came today and i bought a dsi yesterday too(been mucking about with the face warping feature).The panasonic formatter you linked too does that format the sd in a different way to just right clicking and formatting the sd like i usually do.Thanks again and have a good xmas

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yes you don't need any types of formaters, Just the way you do it click right on drive letter and see format, then format it in fat32

You will need a winrar to extract the files from the rar arcive and place them all onto your microSD card...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=winrar&meta=&aq=f&oq=

You can fined updated firmware hear evey so often

http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/

dsm0118.7z R4Ui専用AKAIO1.5

11. iwantndsroms

im getting nowhere with this acekard2i i have tried both of the links above and i cant get either of the firmwares to work it keeps saying 'program file missing' any ideas i might be doing something wrong i dont know,miros your link gives me a winrar file called jasons set-up and jhon581 i tried yours and it said the same thing i must be funking something up here its getting annoying.please help me :eek:

12. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

www.acekard.com en and than AKIO 1.5 unofficial firmwire

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This link does work.

And to install the firmware...

-akmenu.nds
    - _aio (folder)

Those 2 MUST be in the root or "begining" of the sd card.

Post Merge: [time]1261737843[/time]
    BTW-those 2 come with the akio file, just straight rip them out of the file you downlaod from the site :)

14. Ramenberga

Ramenberga Well-Known Member

So i put the aio folder in the root along with akmenu.nds (which was in the loaders folder). all i get is "system files missing" when i boot it up, please help?

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You got it wrong...

akmenu4.nds (just looked at mine) should be in the same place as the _aio folder...not inside it.

16. Ramenberga

Ramenberga Well-Known Member

Oh never mind got it working! Huge thanks anyways

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.