1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i Setup

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Crag, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Crag

Crag New Member

I'm a complete newbie to this so please excuse the numpty content.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an idiot guide for setting my Acekard up please. At the moment I'm bumbling along pretty unsuccessfully!

Does a simple step by step tutorial exist on this very site?

cheers all.

2. RoM-ee

RoM-ee Well-Known Member

here you go, this is a great guide for noob
    http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard

it's not from this site, but it's the best tutorial for acekard

3. Crag

Crag New Member

Thanks for that.......easy when you know how!!

ta

4. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

Did this site work for you? I tried to do all the steps, I am STILL unable to get this stupid card to work. :'( Please let me know what you did to get your card working.

Thanks!

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

what problem do you have

6. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

I got the card from Shoptemp.com, opted for the premium flashing service to update the card to work with the DSI Version 1.4.1. The card does show up on the DSI as "Alex Rider Stormbreaker THQ". I downloaded the link listed on that noon site, ackard for dummies. Placed the 2 things they said to put on the SD card and I still get the black screen that says: "An error has occured.......tells me turn the system off and to see the manual for troubleshooting. So Frustrating!! ANy thoughts? Thank you SO much

7. iluvfupaburgers

are you downloading AKAIO 1.8.1? here is the link http://www.akaio.net/forum/download/file.php?id=145. before putting it on the card though, format it (backup first)

8. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

You are awesome for replying so fast. But......I formatted my card, then I ran that 1.8.1 link, unzipped it to a file on my desktop, copied and pasted on to the sd card. Placed a couple games on the card, plugged it into the dsi and SAME thing! Thoughts?

9. iluvfupaburgers

try this one instead: http://filetrip.net/d9222-AKAIO-1-5-1.html let me know if it works or not

10. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

According to that one website, it said I only had to have the 2 items on the sd card, the _ao folder and the akmenu4.nds. Is that right or should I copy and paste all 4 items?

11. iluvfupaburgers

just copy _aio folder and akmenu4.nds, also create a folder names GAMES to put your games there

12. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

:( Same thing. What the heck is going on??!!

13. iluvfupaburgers

well, at least we know it is not a fake acekard. well, did you try another sd card?

14. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

No. I have not tried another sd card. It works in my daughters r4i card, for a dsi that has not been updated to that new version. Do you know if I need to have a specific sd card? This one is a 4gb SDHC. What would you use?

15. iluvfupaburgers

dont know why, but acekard has some problems right now with certain sd cards. im not sure which ones are perfectly working though

16. jackjack09

jackjack09 Member

I will give it a shot. Thanks so much for your help!

17. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

When you've updated your DSI to 1.4.1 firmwire you need to flash/update it by using A DS Lite
    When your firmwire of the DSI is below 1.4x you can update the Acekard with the DSI

Otherwise the Acekard will not work on the DSI

18. iluvfupaburgers

he said he had the premium flashing service, and does get the alex storm raider (which means his card is working on 1.4.1)