1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i problems

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ManUtdForever, Jun 12, 2010.

1. ManUtdForever

ManUtdForever Member

Hi
    I just bought a DSi XL and the firmware is 1.4U. I have an Acekard 2i on which I put AKAIO 1.7 and I updated using ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds on my DS lite.

I tried Animal Crossing on my DS lite using the Acekard and it works, but on my DSi XL the Acekard doesnt even show in the menu. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You need to update it on the DS Lite.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529

3. ManUtdForever

ManUtdForever Member

I used that file and updated it on my DS lite but it still wont work :(

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Did you use the DS Lite method?
    It should work then.

5. ManUtdForever

ManUtdForever Member

I used the DS lite method. The games are working on my DS lite as well. The DSi still doesnt detect the card though. Is my card faulty?

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

If it was faulty, you wouldn't be able to run AKAIO. By faulty, I mean a clone by the way.

It could possibly be a factory error.

One more thing, you're sure it is a 2i and not 2.1?

7. ManUtdForever

ManUtdForever Member

Yes it is definitely an Acekard 2i. I saw pics of it and its the one I've got.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, it should update.

Did you run the installer at all on your DS? >.>

9. ManUtdForever

ManUtdForever Member

Sorry I lost my internet connection for the past 4 days for some reason which is why I havent been able to reply.

Yes I did the update (ran the installer on my DS lite). I am not new to emulation on DS or anything, I've been using a DS lite for the past 4 years. I'm going to try the official firmware, maybe that'll work.

10. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. If anyone solves this let me know.

11. zeno16

zeno16 Active Member

The DSi XL is known for not detecting the flash cards, due to the size of the flash cards, it doesn't always connect with the connectors of the DSi XL.

http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard#12

Take a look in there and see if it works :)

12. BL4CKB34RD

zeno 16:

HA! THAT's IT!!!!

I tried sliding the cart out a little while it was locked into the game slot on my DSi XL and it finally recognized the cart!!!!!

However, now I'm equally screwed. You can get it to read the cart for like a second, but the slightest movement of the system is enough to move the cart out of contact with the DSi XL contacts....... :'(

I'm considering opening up both my AK2 and my AK2i and switching the guts since I know my AK2 doesn't slide inside the slot. Do you think that would work?

13. zeno16

zeno16 Active Member

Well you could try the paper trick too, as in putting a small piece of paper inbetween the cart and the system, holding it in place.

14. BL4CKB34RD

I actually have my DSi XL recognizing the cart now. But now I get an error message when I try to run it. See my topic.

15. ManUtdForever

ManUtdForever Member

Hi. I just wanted to say that it is working now. It was a contact issue lol. I put a piece of paper and Danny phantom appears. Thanks.