1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i On DSI XL

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by tonysmallz, Jul 27, 2010.

1. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

just received my XL and im loving it. i ordered a Acekard2i and im having soem trouble finding the right firmware for it to work on the XL on the official site there are a few things that worry me (there are posts that say do not update to 1.4????) so im just asking for some help with getting the right firmware i hope someone can help. greatly appreciated

2. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

You need to upgrade the actual acekard itself using a DS lite. If you don't have any friends with an older DS then you're SOL. You need to run a piece of software on a ds lite in order to upgrade the acekard for it to run on the XL.

The acekard will never run on the XL unless you do this, no matter what firmware you get.

3. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

yea i have a ds lite. so what do i need to do. im glad this forum is here for info like this... any light shed on this would be great. so what exactly do i need to do...

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I am pretty certain that you have to apply a software update called the Danny Phantom patch. You can download it here. There are two update files that are in the download. Use the DSi labeled update to update your card. This has to be done on a DS or DSL, not the DSi. Best of luck,
    miros

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If you do what Miros said, you'll have updated your card. :)

6. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

i apriciate your help here guys... i really do i have downloaded the update. waht firmware should i use to get it to run on the DS Lite. and then i take it from there i just run the update.. thanks a bunch

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You should use AKAIO. - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=38335.msg695431#msg695431

8. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

well thanks for all you guys help.. i really apciate it already on deadly silence the card is a lot better than any i have used.. thanks again

9. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

just a little update i flashed ak2ifw_update_14_DSi using my dsl
    upon launching the ak2i on my DSXL it encountered a problem!!!.