1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i Help!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Josh241294, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

Hey.
    My friend came back from Malaysia and bought me an Acekard 2i, without a Micro SD, just the card and reader. I bought the 2GB SD. And, my DSi is on V1.4a. I found that patch that transforms the icon into Danny Phantom, but I can't get it to work. I've updated it on my friend's DS Phat, using the DSi Fix, which worked, but when I got back to my DSi, there was an error. When I use my friends NDS Phat, using the DSL fix, it says eject and re-insert card, and press b to start update. When I do that, B doesn't work, and it looks like it froze. I really want it to work. Can someone, whoever owns an Acekard 2i post the content of their Acekard 2i (the people that have it working on DSi 1.4). Even better, could someone throw all their files (except roms, music, etc.) into a RAR file for me to download it, so I can copy and paste all of it onto an empty micro sd, so it'll work on 1.4? please...help me!

2. theblues

theblues Well-Known Member

try gbatemp.net which has all the firmware files for the Acekard and it has AKAIO:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO

this is the best firmware for the acekard! p.s just read it, almost everything is there.

3. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I thought that an Acekard 2i requires a microSDHC card(?). Anyways, update your existing firmware and loaders and you should be just fine.
    miros

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

No, its not fine. AKAIO doesn't fix it... Your card is screwed if you download is messed up or, re-download it. Reinsert the card in the DSi, my card does that occasionally. Format your SD card, redo the patch on the DS Lite, the DS phat does not work. Use the DSL fix. DL it to your card and run it. DONE! You HAVE TO USE THE DSL NOT THE PHAT!!!! IT DOESNT WORK ON THE DS PHAT!!!!!

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No miros, it is compatible with non-cards as well.

6. Josh241294

It also does work with the DS Phat. Many websites say so. I really need to get this fixed by Saturday, 6:00AM, as i'm going to Albury, for the weekend...I don't want to be bored. I got nothing to do with Pokemon, Mario Kart and Zelda!
    Why doesn't the DSL patch work right on my DS Phat? It does the same thing on my DSL.

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Re download it and format your Micro SD card! Back up all your files on it first. It should work, if it doesn't, your card got screwed.

8. Josh241294

Don't worry...I found the screwed news that my Ak2i was so clone it wasn't funny. I ordered a new, genuine Acekard 2i from ozmodchips.com and they are one of the official resellers of the Acekard 2i as said on www.acekard.com. I will be recieving it tommorow.

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Ohh... That sucks... Dealextreme has it for 13 $ BUT it takes 1-2.5 weeks to deliver depending where you live.

10. Josh241294

I have a new problem. I never seem to get my Wi-Fi working? How can I? I got Phantasy Star Zero, and I want to play it with people around the world! Could someone help?

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps they finally found out how to block wifi working with rom's on ds games...

Best bet is to wait until the next firmware update for your card...some games do this.

12. theblues

what about local ds to loacl ds downloads, i cant seem to play those either. like i have a ds and my friend has a ds and we cant play not one game together.

13. Josh241294

That. I can do. I'm worried about Wi-Fi, though. I've tried both Akaio 1.5 firmware and Official Firmware 1.18. No Wifi, but everything else works.

14. theblues

which firmware are you using??

15. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Have you enabled them in the system menu? That probably will work...

16. Josh241294

I'm using Akaio 1.5...I've tried enabling it...let me see again...

17. Taken4life

Taken4life Active Member

I need some help please. I have the acekard and version 1.4 I want to update to 1.5. But I'm still new to this and I don't want to brick my system or screw anything up. Does anyone know if I have to delete the old firmware? and how do I do so? is there a (idiots) guide for this? I also have the DSI one too..does it have to be done differently? I was also told that I might have to redo my settings, is there an idiots guide for that as well? (I had a friend do all this for me..now I'm on my own) Thanks people!

18. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Just delete the firmware...

NO HIJACKIN TOPICS.

19. Josh241294

Word up. Make your own if you seek help. Yes, i'm still having problems with my Wi-Fi, and with the release of Spirit Tracks, i'm even more eager. D8

20. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

When running the update on ds lite or phat when it tells you to eject the card you have to actually completely remove the micro sd card and then reinsert with no micro SD card in it all... and then press b to run the update. then the update will complete :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.