1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i + Ez Flash 3in1 (not plus) NOR mode problem

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by karq2016, Jul 13, 2011.

1. karq2016

karq2016 New Member

I apologize in advance if my question has already been answered in the forums. I currently have a genuine Acekard 2i with 1.8.7 AKAIO firmware and a Slot 2 EZ Flash 3in1 for GBA games.

The problem here is that whenever I try to load a 32 MB game through AKAIO it completes "ERASING NOR" then promptly stops at the "loading gba game" screen. Even when I press Y and select "write to nor" it simply hangs when it gets to the loading part. In fact, even when I try to flash a game like Mario Tennis (16 MB, plays fine on PSRAM) to NOR I get the same result, On the other hand I can play and save games under 32 MB just fine I just can't write anything to NOR memory.

I've been searching through forums on many websites for quite awhile but I can't anyone with the same problem, much less specific to Acekard 2i. Most forums have issues with saving or hanging on the gameboy screen but i can't even get 32 MB games past the Acekard menu. I'm fairly sure that my Acekard 2i and Ez Flash 3in1 (V) are genuine because I've only had problems writing to NOR memory while everything else is fine.

The two games I'm trying to run are Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Riviera: The Promised Land. I've already tried trimming the two roms with GBATA. Kingdom Hearts trims from 32 MB to about 30 MB while Riviera won't trim at at all. Again I apologize if these problems have already been answered but I can't find any similar issues to fix it with.