1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2I DSI XL Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tonysmallz, Jan 12, 2011.

1. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

hi everyone, i have been out the flash cart game for ages, but i have been using the Acekard 2I on my XL for ages fine no problems, flashed on my Lite first and did all the rest of it, no problems for months.

recently i got some Nintendo points so was going to put them on the shop but first i had to do a update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now my Acekard wont run i get a error message on the bottom screen, so i take it nintendo released a patch to block flashcarts! im just hoping there is a patch or something so i can carry on using it.. anyone else run into this?

2. Try the latest version of AKAIO firmwear rather than the AK2i firmware. Far better.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

I was also asked to update my DSi XL but I thought better not. It's working fine and wont be using to surf the internet.
    A cautionary tale I think.

Hope the AKAIO works for you. Let me know I would be interested to know.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

You'll need to flash it again. I believe the files can be found on the board somewhere.

4. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

What current firmware does your DSi XL have?

If it's 1.41U then you need to flash your Acekard again with a DS lite.

You can get the file here.

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_141.zip

5. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

On this subject, is there any way to make the 2i auto-boot on the XL? I know my R4 does on my DS Phat.

6. sushigal007

sushigal007 Member

I know I got my Phat to do that by removing the battery for 30 seconds, but I have no idea if it would work for other DS's. Can't hurt to try though.

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

To auto-boot slot 1 for carts that don't auto-boot, simply change the settings in the DS settings to boot up a game in there as soon as you turn the system on. If this isn't an option on DSi's, I would be surprised. It has been an option on every other DS model (well, the phat and lite).

8. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

thanks for the information mate..
    so i need to put the DSi.nds file on my cart, then use my DSL and execute the file and its flashed.. i havent done it in ages...

9. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

No, since you will be using a DSL to update the Acekard, you need to put the DSL.nds file on your microSD card. Then just run the file on your DSL like you would run a game and follow the instructions.

10. tonysmallz

tonysmallz Active Member

hi everyone i know its a old topic but im back to it..
    so my DSXL has updated (ver 1.4.2E), and some one please tell me that my AK2i will still work i put the newest Ak2i file on my cart and put it into my DSL as usual to flash it but i cant find the files i need to execute to start the flash process am i missing something here..

thanks in advance...
    Post Merge: [time]1310606432[/time]
    so i found acekard flash 1.4.2 and it just rickrolled me... gtfo.