1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AceKard 2i Compatability

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ba2ry, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ba2ry

ba2ry Member

I Read conflicting information, some say ALL games run on AceKard 2i, Some say new games, such as the 2 sonic games won't. I've got a new DSI XL, but need to get a new flashcart, so knowing who to believe is important.

If you know of any of the newer games that DONT work on the AceKard 2i, could you post the name of the game here, and any other info that might be useful.

the main games I'm interested in are the 2 sonic games, phantasy star zero, zelda, pokemon and bejewled twist.

many thanks in advance to all those that help

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I can't think of any games that don't work on the Acekard2i. Some may need patches right now (for anti-piracy) and there might be some DSi games that don't work correctly (I have not tried to run any of them).

All cards say they have 100% compatibility. It's a selling point. But in reality with the existence of Anti-Piracy and Metaforic protection, this is hard. There are cards that are better than others, like the Acekard2/i, CycloDS, SupercardDSone/i, EZFlashV/i, even the M3Zeroi is relatively good.

3. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

The problem is not really with the acekard2i. Its a good card and it does play most if not all games compared to the r4 (I haven't had a problem yet and have patched the newer sonic games), but its all the anti-piracy crap that the game companies are putting on all the new games lately that are messing with the flashcart. Its not just ak2i either, the AP applies to all the other carts in some way and need to be patched. Ak2i seems to get patched faster than other cards though (through observation).