1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2i and AKAIO

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by biscuit106, Dec 11, 2010.

1. biscuit106

biscuit106 Active Member

I am just bought a Acekard 2i, finally updating from my original R4, and I would like to install the AKAIO software.

However I am having problems trying to get it to work. I have searched for and have found a lot of different advice on what to do and how to do it. I have tried a couple to different things and they do not seem to be working. Can anyone who has successfully installed AKAIO on an Acekard 2i is please help me?

I have already downloaded and unzipped the latest AKAIO 1.8.1 software, but what should I be doing after that?
    I am using a SanDisk micro SD, which is currently formatted to FAT 16. I have read about needing a Panasonic format, but am unsure what this is and where to help.

Would much appreciate any help.

2. ars25

ars25 Member

you just drag and drop the file's to your micro sd card but it recommended you use Panasonic SD Formatter to format your card google it then your good to go

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

you cna get the formater via retro's package of ysmenu (is in the extras folder), for the other stuff im sure you need FAT32 not 16

4. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Well, FAT 16 if you have a 2GB card or lower and FAT 36 if it is 4 GB or higher.
    Post Merge: [time]1292140438[/time]

Explain what the problem is, what's not working? You just need to reformat your card, then drag and drop the
    _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file into your SD card, then make a new folder named Games, put your games in there.

What firmware does your DS/DSi have? Did you buy your Acekard with the correct firmware to run on your DS/DSi firmware?

5. biscuit106

biscuit106 Active Member

My apologies. I have loaded the AKAIO 1.8.1 onto the micro SD card, along with the AKAIO Loader, which I put into AK2 Loader folder. Then when I put into both the Nintendo DSi and DS it went straight to the menu screen and indicated no card in Slot 1.

I know that people are telling me that I need Panasonic formatted card, but there I now come across another problem. I use a Mac, and I have been unable to find a download that will work on a Mac, and yes I am aware that I might have to borrow a friend's PC that runs Windows to do this.

But now I guess the question is it the Panasonic format that is lacking, and to answer that I will have to wait until I get my hands on the above mentioned PC. And if it could be any other problems, some possible things to try would be appreciated, so that I can try them all at the same time.

Thanks to those who have given me theri advice and time so far.

6. Joseg1320

If it is indicating that there is no card insterted, it could possibly be that your card isn't making contact with the DS. Your card should show up regardless if you have a mircoSD card inserted in the card or not. What you can try doing is inserting a small piece of paper under the contacts of your card and seeing if that makes it work, if it doesn't, you should contact the place where you bought it from and ask for a replacement or a refund.

[​IMG]

7. biscuit106

biscuit106 Active Member

To Joseg1320

Thank you so much.
    I made the assumption that I was doing something wrong, and indeed your simple mechanical solution was spot on. All is working and my daughter will now have a happy Christmas.
    Once again thanks.

8. Joseg1320

Awesome, I'm happy to hear that.