1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard 2i - AKAIO - games won't load

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ironmunky, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironmunky

ironmunky Member

I put some skin I downloaded from the acekard site on my acekard and while looking through them on my DS they stopped automatically loading and I had to power off/on to get the skins to load. Now ever time I try to load a DS game I just get two white screens. Is there a simple way to fix this? or am I going to have to format my kard and redownload the backups?

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

strange, where did you put the skin? i've put a few skins on mine without problems

3. ironmunky

ironmunky Member

in the folder on the acekard that already had the original skins. _akio-->uo or something like that. The first few I used worked fine, then the acekard stopped autoloading them and just went to two white screens, and now DS games don't load either and just go to two white screens. Is there a limit to the number of skins you can have saved to the acekard? Because I put about 20 or so on it, but I don't really need all of them of coarse.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

never heard of this before, you could try a format to see if that sorts it out, make sure to back up your files 1st

5. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there's no limit to how many the Acekard can support... However, I have also had similar problems with certain ones (like the HeartGold skin featuring Ho-Oh) that does not load. I've actually found a way to manually change the skin if it ever gets stuck and you cannot access the card using a specific skin.

So basically, inside the ___aio folder, you should find a file called "globalsettings.ini". Open with like notepad or something and you'll see stuff such as:

This i believe is where the card keeps all the user settings. I have put in bold letters the one we want to use. What you want to do is change the part I have underlined into the folder name of any skin that you know for certain to work.
    For example, I have in my "ui" folder a skin pack called "zelda", if I needed to change to it without using the DS I would replace the underlined portion with that folder name, so it would read something like "uiName = zelda" (without the brackets of course)

PS: I get my skins from http://www.ndsthemes.com/ but currently they are moving servers and will not be available

6. ironmunky

ironmunky Member

yeah I guess I'll have to, I thought it might have been a common problem. I think it might have been from a buggy skin. Too bad there is no way to rate the skins on their site, I saw a lot without calenders and a couple that just didn't work at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.