1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2 wont play R4 save files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by attack_30s, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attack_30s

attack_30s Member

well, i recently bought an Acekard to replace my old R4. I transfered all my save files and roms to the acekard but for some reason it won't play my save files. Will i just have to start new files on all my stuff now or is there a way to fix this?

2. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

i think there is a way to change the files of the save from the r4 to the acekard. but i think it just be better to star over on the games give you some thing to do

3. attack_30s

attack_30s Member

do you know how to do it? id most likely rather do that than play my games all over

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Are you using AKAIO or the official Acekard firmware and which version? Saves from the R4 should be compatible with Acekard/AKAIO firmware. Make sure the filenames are the same as the ROMs they are from as well.

5. attack_30s

attack_30s Member

im using AKAIO.. i found out the problem though. My AceKard's save files are like ".nds.sav" and my R4's save files were just ".sav". I fixed them and it works now.

thanks for all the help =)

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

that link is a link to a website where you can convert your r4 or whatever saves to whatever kind you want!!!

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes I would have suggested that if you were using AKAIO 1.4.1 or earlier, that you change the save format to .sav, rename your current save-files, or update to 1.5.

8. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

or you can just start over i know that souns like a pain but it what i would do give you more time to play lol.

9. Avatar33

make sure that the save file is named (i will use a random game name) "pokemon platinum.nds.sav" after you convert the save with http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
    trust me i had to do the same thing cause i just upgraded to a acekard 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.