1. This forum is in read-only mode.

acekard 2 saving problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shinigami6699, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinigami6699

shinigami6699 Member

hey, i bought an acekard 2 from dealsextreme, it works fine, like all the games start up, but everytime i shut off my ds and use my acekard later, all the game saves are wiped clean, with the games telling me to make a new file. i tried switching from the acekard and akaio firmwares, but i still get the same problem

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Any game? Or just specific ones.
    Are you using the latest AKAIO, 1.5.1?

Backup your files, format your MicroSD and start fresh.

3. shinigami6699

shinigami6699 Member

yeah its for all the games and i tried the latest firmwares, 4.21 for acekard and 1.5 for akaio

4. Undead_Owl

Undead_Owl New Member

Yes, I get the exact same problem. It's driving me nuts... I tried basically everything (using the Panasonic SD formatter in between): 4.21 firmware, akaio 1.4.1., 1.5, 1.5.1, newest loaders, but no luck. I also made sure to have the 'save ext' option set correctly to ..nds.sav or .sav. The new .sav files are there, in the same folder and with the same name but somehow they are ignored.

Some games also freeze when trying to save (this depends to a certain degree on the version of the firmware).

By the way, I'm using Acekard 2.1

5. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Just change the AKIO save settings from auto to
    the gamesize the game has and put back a copy
    of the gamesave if you lost it and the game will work just fine.

I and some others has the same problemwith The legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
    and AKIO 1.5.1 We just needed the change the 1 MB savetype to 512 KB

6. Undead_Owl

Undead_Owl New Member

Nope, that doesn't help either. I'm guessing that my card is defective actually. With a DSTT card I can save and load just fine, and working savegames from the DSTT cause the Acekard to freeze when trying to load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.