1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2 i vs R4i

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by taylorphan, Jul 8, 2009.

1. taylorphan

taylorphan Well-Known Member

Which is better?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Acekard2i

3. taylorphan

taylorphan Well-Known Member

What about iTouch 2?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know, never really had any experience with it, even on these forums, not many users.

If you want a good Flashcart for your DSi, then the Acekard2i would be the way to go. And it's even cheaper than the iTouch2

5. Troublesome222

Troublesome222 Well-Known Member

Acekard2i was available first I think. Thereby making it awesome.

6. samis

samis Member

I had an R4i and i had trouble with an 8gb card on it. The sav files corrupt every day and some games would ust go white screen. Ive now got a DSTTi and that works great

7. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I use an Acekard 2i for my DSL with an EZ 3in1 V GBA cart, and they work in PERFECT harmony. With that combination, I can carry as many games that I can fit on my 4 gb card with me and only have to carry around the two!!
    miros

8. BigAl1023

BigAl1023 New Member

Hey miros, I have the same combo of hardware but I am having a heck of a time getting it to run and save gba games. Can you throw me a bone on how you have your system set up? (Mine-AKAIO 1.4.1Proper, GBATA patching)

Alan

9. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

The AceKard 2i will serve you well until the CycloDSi comes out.

10. miros

miros Well-Known Member

To BigAl1023 or anyone else,
    First off do not alter the .ini file, as you should not have to and changing the system files could corrupt the OS. Before I got the AKAIO OS I was using the official AK OS, where you would have to use the GBA_ExpLoader.nds in order to play GBA roms. Since you are using the AKAIO, you should have no need for the GBA_ExpLoader.nds. Secondly, make sure that you have two files named GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN placed in the root of your SD card, along with a folder titled GBA where you can place the roms. After that, load up your Acekard and press the B button until you have the MicroSD Card and the Slot2 Card on the screen. Scroll down to the Slot2 Card and hit the start button, scroll down to More ->, click A, click the 3in1/FAS1. The screen should say Slot 2 Cartridge Settings on top. Have the rumble off for now, NOR Mode is on Auto, Backup GBA save at startup is Enabled, and Prompt before Save/Load is Enabled, as these settings should eliminate any saving problems. Try this and let me know if anything happened. Best of luck,
    miros
    (ps-make sure that the GBA cart is completely inserted into the DS)

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They wouldn't let you alter specific settings easily as to how the firmware works and operates.