1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2 Akaio 1.5 not saving

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MitsukaiXxX, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

I have a Acekard 2
    I put akaio 1.5 on it,followed all the instructions on the offical site.

But when i save ,its says its saved,and makes a .sav file
    But when i turn off the console and turn it back on,the game save has gone(but the .sav is still there)
    Also im using the latest loaders etcetc,and tryed both .sav and .nds.sav

Please can someone help.

Can someone write me a guide,and not send me to another website,becasue ive tryed them all,and when i ask for help nobody helps,they just post links etcetc.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Is this all games or just one?

If one...what game is it?

(I've had my saves corrupt recently on mine, but it would help if you get akaio 1.5.1 from the acekard site)

3. MitsukaiXxX

all the games.......
    they aint corrupting,just not picking up the .sav files

Im trying supermario ds(like the N64 version)

When it says saving,its says complete,i turn it off,then back on,and the .sav file is there,but hwen i go on the game,the save is not there :(

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

How odd.

Where did you get the firmware may I ask?

I always use the links in acekard's site, or just the akaio links.

5. MitsukaiXxX

akaio links from there wiki page :)

Could i be a pain,and ask if you could take the time to write a bullet point guide (EVERY DETAIL ) LOL

It would be most apprechiated :)

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Acekard did have a problem with a bad batch of Acekard2's. When did you buy your Acekard2?

7. MitsukaiXxX

deal extreme

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No he said "when" not where XD

...prehaps I have a bad one...no idea when my local seller got them...my brother's is doing better than mine currently.

9. MitsukaiXxX

3weeks ago,it came through :)
    Post Merge: [time]1266180800[/time]
    Guess nobody wants to help

Prob sick of these acekard 2 questions LOL!?!

10. Juicyfruits

Juicyfruits Member

I have the EXACT same problem!

Only my acekard is a "2i", and I got it monday (feb 22).

Is there a faulty batch of 2i too? :(

This is really frustrating

11. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Actually it could be the problem that the ds card is fake, im just stating something that has happened many times before. Especially from online wholesale. Are you sure that this one is not fake? Is there a website on the packaging that the DS card came in?

12. Juicyfruits

Juicyfruits Member

I dont think its fake. Well, I bought it from a reseller listed on the acekard.com website.

But.. I think I MAY have just found a fix. Apparently AKAIO loads game in DMA mode (Direct memory access? Dunno.. that makes sense, not too important). DMA mode apparently make the saving process quicker, and was changed to be "on" by default in the recent AKAIO versions. I think this is why some people report that their card works with older versions but not the new ones.

To turn it off using akaio 1.5.1, just keep the A button pressed while loading a game. If you just "tap" the A button to load, the text will be blue and then flash to green or red. This indicate that the DMA mode is on. If you keep the A button pressed long enough, the text will stay blue, indicating that the DMA is OFF.

With DMA turned off, I tryed the games that were giving me problems : Castlevania dawn of sorrow, and Mario luigi bowser inside story. I saved, turned the DS off, and when I came back THE SAVE WERE STILL THERE!

So yeah, I just found this 5 minutes ago, I did a few tries (save + turn off + load), it seems to work.

13. MitsukaiXxX

#

FUCCCCCCCCCKKKKK MEEEEE!!!!!

You are friken legand......
    my god i spent hours and hours trying to solve it......

thank you thank you thank you

Mods Stick this or summin......

14. Juicyfruits

Juicyfruits Member

Woa, lost my saves again. This suck, I was sure the problem was solved.

Trying to recreate the problem again... It seems that this "fix" will only work for ONE game. I.E if you launch another game then you lose your save file.

I have to admit, I am confused.

edit : yup. Launching any other game seem to erase the save file. Only way to keep the save file is to keep playing the same game without launching ANYTHING ELSE!! VERY WEIRD.

I dont understand!

15. MitsukaiXxX

it worked for me :)

16. Juicyfruits

Juicyfruits Member

did you try playing other games? Or only one? Its fine for me if I keep playing only one game, but when I play something else the save of the first game is deleted.

17. MitsukaiXxX

o_O

Buzzkill

Are we doing it wrong or what!

18. Juicyfruits

Juicyfruits Member

No idea!

I'm still unsure if its a problem with AKAIO or a problem with the card itself ("bad" batch or faulty card).

However, the fact that some other games are working flawlessly (for me at least) and the fact that it is possible (but not convenient :p) to save by turning off RMA makes me think that this is a SOFTWARE problem.

edit : Alright.. dont know what I did.. but I'm NOT touching anything again haha. Basically just formated using the panasonic formatter, redownloaded and re-installed everything. NOW I can save.. but my old Phoenix wright saves (that were working PERFECTLY) arent working anymore. Ugh. Cant have everything I guess? lol.

19. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Maybe this will help you guys I've a Acekard 2i with AKIO 1.5.1

with the DMA on and I have no problems even with the newest games

Download one of the links I'm gonna give and extract them to the root of your SD
    (make sure the SD is empty so backup your games and music before you extract the .rar)
    as a bonus I've put some very nice skins in the UI folder.

And This AKIO has already the latest loaders so every game works on a clean ROM.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYSCJNXT

http://www.mediafire.com/?cliwwdn2x4z

20. MitsukaiXxX

Fuck acekard
    Im sticking with R4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.