1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2.1 vs supercard two?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by thomasech, Jul 1, 2010.

1. thomasech

thomasech Active Member

Acekard 2.1 vs supercard two?

Thoughts?

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Supercard DSTWO has Gba Emulation which is good
    But Acekard has Akaio firmware which is incredible
    Awesome Compatibility
    The SCDSTWO has some anti piracy feature removal but has already proven to not work all the time.

If you care about GBA Emulation get SupercardDSTWO
    If you just want to play DS Games without problems get an Acekard 2i or 2.1 if you don't have DSi

3. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

I was faced with this problem a couple of days ago, when I was looking for a replacement for my R4 clone, should I buy a DSTwo or Acekard

I went with an acekard, because the only advantage the DStwo has is, the GBA and (coming soon) SNES emulation.
    And from what I read the GBA emulation has some issues...

I don't plan on playing GBA or SNES rom so why spend the extra money on features I'm not going to use..

I wil eventually buy a DSTwo...but the Acekard is better....for me anyway

4. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

SuperCard DSTWO Pwns. No doubt. Acekard has stupid Anti Piracy problems which the DSTWO hasn't. If you hace to schoose between them, don't think, just choose the DSTWO.

5. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing that, as I have had my Acekard 2i for at least a year and a half now and only one ROM gave me an issue. I can personally test to the reliability and quality of the Acekard 2i, both in the sense of loading ROMs and withstanding the test of time. Right now in my NDSL, I have an Acekard 2i, 8GB microSDHC, and an EZ3in1 GBA flash expansion cart. I have about 130 games on the card, around 100 being NDS and 30 being GBA games, and it is awesome being able to carry my entire collection in one enclosed system without any issues at all. I have not had the chance to use the SuperCard DSTwo yet, however I have seen the YouTube video review by GBATemp and in my opinion really does not seem that great. Depending on where you can buy your flash cart, you can pay up to 3x for a SuperCard DSTwo compared to an Acekard 2i, and in my opinion it is not worth the difference. However, if you feel that the SuperCard DSTwo will complete your life, then buy it. Otherwise, go with an Acekard 2i, you will be just as happy and have more money.
    miros

ps- In case you were wondering about the one ROM that gave me issues, it was the NDS Browser, and really it was my fault because the GBA flash expansion cart was not configured properly to run the ROM. After I posted my issue on RomU (and this was when I was still young in the world of emulation), a MOD told me what to do and it worked perfectly.

6. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

This is like macs vs pc's (Other words software vs hardware)

Software wise acekard is superior.
    Hardware wise, the SCDSTwo kicks the shit out of Acekard. It has much more power allowing it to fully emulate gba games (Still buggy due to the software.)

Overall i would say the DSTwo is better since it has many more features then the Acekard.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

in other words mac vs PC (childish design VS hard worked design that always fails)
    menu design wise, AK2i is Superior
    hardware design wise, SCDS2 is better.

8. axl_freak

axl_freak Member

I just loved this xD

You just neeed to look for the best price X) btw, buying an Acekard and the expansion for the GBA is still cheaper than just buying the SCDSTWO?

I'm just curious about this X)

And in my opinion, I'll choose the SCDSTWO, because of the GBA stuff, but if I'm not looking for this, and the Acekard is cheaper, I think I would choose the Acekard o.o

9. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

acekard all the way