1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acecard Update Troubles

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by padfoot, Mar 7, 2010.

1. padfoot

padfoot Well-Known Member

I just bought 3 Acekard 2s.
    2 for DSi, one for DS Light.
    I was given a disc with the patch, which apparently works on my DSi that has the 1.4 update. The guy went through my DSi and even said, yeah it'll work, just put the patch on the DSi and run it. I have, and it doesn't even start up. Soon as i click it, ERROR PLEASE RESET.

DSi version; 1.4A
    Cart/Cart has this on it; AceKard All-In-One (AK-AIO) v1.5
    Patch; Acekard 2i 1.4 Fix

Here's what the help file says;
    To install the Acekard Update: (Notice, running this patch updates the firmware of your Acekard, it does NOT erase,
    re-format, or change any files on your micro sd card)

* 1. Put the included ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds file on your micro sd card, anywhere that is easy to find, I just
    put mine in the main folder of the card, with the Operating System, Acekard Folder, and Games Folder.
    * 2. Place your Acekard in a DS Lite or DSi that has not been updated to v1.4+
    * 3. Start up your Acekard Game as normal.
    * 4. Navigate to the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds that you placed on your micro sd card earlier.
    * 5. Run the Acekard Patch just like you would a game. Be sure your battery is well charged or plugged in, if your
    battery dies during the patch, you will likely ruin your Acekard.
    * 6. Accept the "agreement" by pressing Start. (this is just a warning saying there is a small chance that this
    patch can ruin your card)
    * 7. The patch will take about 1 min. and it will let you know when it is complete.
    * 8. Reset your DSi, and your Acekard game will now show up in the main menu as "Danny Phantom, THQ." Click on it,
    and carry on as normal.

But i have a 1.4 update already so what the eff. The guy even saw this. Can i just run it on the SD card? Sorry, i don't really know what to do so if anyone can help me fix this, preferably in simple terms haha, and if i need to be linked somewhere, instructions on exactly what i'm getting and how i do it. Thanks.

[edit] If you need more info or i'm looking at the wrong stuff to give you an idea of what i'm doing, let me know cos i'm new to all this stuff.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If your DSi is already at 1.4, and your Acekard doesn't have the 1.4 fix installed, then you cannot run the update on that DSi.

You must use a DS Lite or a DSi with 1.3 or lower to update your Acekard first, then it can run on the DSi with 1.4

3. padfoot

padfoot Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply Tirith.
    Thats rather frustrating, but i guess i can stop cursing that guys name haha.
    I did say i had the DS Light, although its my girlfriends cousins and i wont be catching up with her for a few days. So i guess i'll have to wait even longer to play :( It's already been days because my R4i failed on me so i traded it for the AceKard.
    Much love.