1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ace Combat 3 does not work on PS1 console

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by archoniam, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archoniam

archoniam New Member

Hey guys, I am unable to play the rom of Ace Combat 3 using the PSX swap method. I get through the first swap fine, but I believe the PS-EXE of AC3 may be causing problems. I am using a Wipeout XL actual CD to swap. I have no other PS1 games. That was all I could afford at the time. Now, does anyone have any idea what can be wrong and how to fix it?

Information:
    I have a non-modded PSX, used a renegade method (it involves a bent half-bobbypin being jammed into the PSX's disc sensor... don't ask :D) to keep the swap undetected. I have burnt Final Fantasy Origins and Gran Turismo 2 Sim-disc before and they work perfectly. I use Alcohol 120% to burn the disc. Information on the Alcohol 120 burn is shown below.

ALCOHOL 120% BURN OPTIONS (where I suspect I did something wrong):

Disc was burnt on a CD-R at 8x speed, its absolute slowest :/
    'DAO / SAO' burn method
    Buffer Underrun technology enabled

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Arch

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

All I can say is, the swap method for playing PS1 backups isn't your best option.

If it's possible for you to get your PS1 modded, do so.

Also, you could try downloaded the game again, or, downloading the game from somewhere else.

3. archoniam

archoniam New Member

Well, hate to shoot all of those ideas completely out of the water, but I am unable to get my PS1 modded, and I have re-downloaded my games. For the record, it works perfectly on all other games, with exceptions of MegaMan X7 which I believe is a corrupted ROM. :'(

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

What type was the iso image? .iso? .bin and .cue? or .mdf and mds?

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...just as a suggestion, have your tried using it as it's iso image on an emu?

You know, like epsxe?

If the rom is from here, it MUST work,I cannot however testify for this game-I own the actual disc XD

But the method your using is quite intreging-if I had a ps1 I'd use that XD

6. archoniam

archoniam New Member

The image was a .img being burned on a .cue file.
    Then I tried the .ccd file.
    Then I tried the .sub file...
    And that was all I could burn with Alcohol 120. Hold on, let me attempt converting my .cue into a different format and see if that works.

I used the image on ePSXe with some graphics tuneups and it worked fine, but my PS1 won't work with it for some reason. However, I would kill to see that I can play Ace Combat 3 on my PS1. Maybe it's because the AC3 disc uses a PS-EXE and Wipeout XL simply boots from files?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

ps-exe?

Prehaps that's why...I'm unfamilier with it, but I'm sure that might not work on a ps1-like you said it's a different form...

BTW, where did you get that-those files are meant for just emulators, I think???

8. archoniam

archoniam New Member

PS-EXE is some kinda file in some ROMS/PSX CDs whereas THAT launches the game instead of booting from file.I dunno how it works...

I tried running my CDROM on emulator, and it worked great so there's no reason that it shouldn't work other than that. I guess if I wanna play the game on my PS1 console I might need to get the game itself or a different PSX game that uses a PS-EXE.

EDIT: Then again, I've seen CDs that boot from file to PS-EXE before. I think it just takes the region information and that kind of stuff...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.