1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth...Green Screen of Death!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pinkie, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

I just finished the first 2 cases and now I'm just starting the third case. After completing the first "investigation" scene, I move on to a dialogue scene but right when the scene is about to change/when the new rocker-esque guy and girl appear and the guy is talking, I get a bright green screen of death on my top screen, and a message in Japanese on the bottom. (it says ヒープ something something in kanji I can't read.)

Anyone else have the same problem? I tried reformatting my card already, but the problem still persists. Help ASAP please? D: Thanks in advance.

*I'm using a R4DS card and I got this from the North American server download*

2. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

why don't you try updating your kernel

3. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Just to be sure...

You ARE play a english version of Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth right...?

If yes than i dont understand why there would be kanji..?

Maybe your DS is a japaneses hardware thus the problem..?

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

What firmware are you using?

5. PhatomKids

And just for info...

I did not encounter the "Green Screen of Death" im already past the place you are talking about...

6. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

Yes, I'm playing the English version of this game.

I'm pretty sure I've got the latest update on my card, but just to be safe I'm downloading the newest update they have.

*Edit: I updated my card, but I still get the error. I bought my DS here in Canada, the update I got is 1.18.

7. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

You probably need to download the rom again and delete your save file. Otherwise maybe try ysmenu

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Just sue those people who made that AP.

But post this as a bug on your flashcard makers forum and check if other people are having this problem too. If they haven't than just back up and format and then set all your files back!

9. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

@Frebels: Ahh. I dread the day I have to restart Ace Attorney from the beginning before I'm done >___<;;

What's ysmenu?

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This is Ysmenu:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.0
    A better firmware for the R4, based on the DSTT firmware.

And this game doesn't have Anti-Piracy.

11. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

@TirithRR: Ohhh. Okay, I'll try that and let you all know how it goes. Thanks!

12. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

dude i playing it with ysmenu and i don't have any issues as for right now... try using ysmenu ask here at the forum where you can find the latest version and how to install it.

13. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

I tried to install YSMenu but I don't think I'm doing it right; it's not really working.

Can someone give me some simple instructions please?

*Edit:
    I went to https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.msg466427#msg466427 and downloaded the DSTT for original R4 users and put it on my card, but I still get the green screen.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Backup your games and save files, format your MicroSD, and put the Ysmenu firmware on it.

15. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

I tried that. Didn't work? I don't think I'm installing YSMenu properly. Can someone please teach me how?

16. PhatomKids

Cant someone just upload their YSmenu and let her copy it to the root of her SD card..?

17. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

That would be really nice, thanks >__<;;
    I'm sorry for all the trouble. I'm not particularly good with technology.

18. Cyberhunter240

Cyberhunter240 New Member

I get this error when I examine the Bad Badger head in the isolation room at the start of the third case. I am also using R4DS 1.18, though I have YSMenu on my card as well, and that doesn't get me any further.

19. Pinkie

Pinkie Member

@Cyberhunter240: I think if all else fails, I'll just buy the game :\

*EDIT: I managed to fix the problem. I pretty much took my sister's file when she got to the same spot as me; the only difference is that she downloaded the rom from the European Server. My game works perfectly now. Thanks for all your help everyone!

20. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Back up, and then format! And then put your files back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.