1. This forum is in read-only mode.

accidentally changed "open with" properties (NDS)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cosymouse, Jul 3, 2010.

1. cosymouse

cosymouse Member

In the properties menu for one of my nds files i've accidentally changed "open with..." to acrobat reader, and to make it worse, while i was trying to change it back, i realised ALL of the files have now changed their open with properties to acrobat reader! I'm quite stumped, has anybody had the same problem/may be able to provide a solution!?
    any help will be much appreciated :)

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

first off, may i ask what OS you're running? (windows XP, vista, 7) it will help me to guide you through the process

3. cosymouse

cosymouse Member

Im sad to say its Vista!

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

ALL?

So that means TXT opens with Acrobat Reader?

Right click > Open with > Choose program... > *Select program to open file with* > Check "Always use the selected program with this kind of file" > Click OK > Test

I hope that works.

Also see my tutorial about how to make No$GBA your default GBA/NDS emulator.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34467.0

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

he probably meant all the NDS files now open in adobe reader.....which BTW, how is that possible?!?! last i checked it couldn't open disk compilation files.....but ya, yoshi is correct about how to do it with Vista and 7, i'm not really sure about XP or older.....

6. yoshi2889

Yes it is tested in XP lol
    It works.

7. cosymouse

cosymouse Member

Im a she :) And you're right they dont actually open with the adobe thing, and when I select open with... and go to choose the program they're supposed to open with...(i think it might have said windows shell before I broke it), well I dont know where to find it?

8. yoshi2889

You click "Browse..." and search for your No$GBA's EXE :)

9. cosymouse

cosymouse Member

my what now? sorry, I am an idiot when it comes to stuff like this, as you'll probably already be able to tell seeing as I got myself into this situation to start with.
    say i go on browse, is that what I would put in the searchbar? "No$GBA"?

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

depending on which emulator you use (i gonna guess you're using 32bit vista) you need to click browse, then go to "my computer" then "C" then "program files" then to your emulator, and double click the .exe file....

11. yoshi2889

No.
    Do you remember where you stored No$GBA?
    Navigate to that path in the window.

Then, double click No$GBA.EXE.

You can use my tutorial for more information.
    It explains what we are trying to say.

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-the-program-that-opens-a-type-of-file

^That should cover it.

13. yoshi2889

Ah, that's better.

14. cosymouse

cosymouse Member

:( i dont know what No$GBA, i guess i just need to know what progam file should i be putting there? is that the same thing?

i dont want to actually open the files on my laptop, i use them in my ds, does that make a difference?

15. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

*FACEPALM* if you put them on your DS, it doesn't matter what the default program is, because you never open it on your computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. cosymouse

cosymouse Member

Re: accidentally changed \"open with\" properties (NDS)

but they arent working? :(
    Post Merge: [time]1278197554[/time]
    oh my god, i warned that i was an idoit. I deleted the edge data from the memory stick ...my bad, i do apologise!

17. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

next time, when someone mentions an emulator, (no$GBA) please say you're using a flashcard!

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

Calm down. Getting angry is just going to make things worse.

Would I be correct in assuming that you just want to know how to get some games to run on your flashcart? I'm honestly rather lost as to what the problem is now. =/

19. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i'm not upset....just have things going on here at home irritating me.... i believe his problem was, to the best of my Knowles, as follows:

he accidentally deleted something from his edge card, so games didn't work. so he changed a setting on his computer thinking it would fix it, it didn't, so he wanted to change it back. at first we believed he was using an emulator, but then he realized file was missing from edge card, and now all is good!

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Could it be the extension?

It should be

filename.nds