1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Accesing Old Saved Files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ph34r, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ph34r

ph34r New Member

I have and acekard 2i. The actual card and games work perfectly fine. A couple days ago I updated the card to the latest version 1.5 (it previously had the second latest version). However all of my saved data seems to be gone. The games are still there exept that the saved file are not there. I am not an expert but I assume the saved files is in the .nds or .sav format. However when I look at it on the computer i see one more file on the games it is in a .cc format which has a a "modified date" that matches the last time I saved my games. It should be noted that the .cc format does not occur with games that I just started from scratch they just have .nsd files?

So my questions:

1. When I update the acekard 2i is my date supposed to get deleted?
    If so, just backing it up on a folder on my computer and then copying over again should give the same thing again right? I guess in general it would be good practice just in case.

2. SO is there anyway to retrieve my save files from the .cc format files?

Thanks for any help. Also I did look around to see if my question had been answered before (though I will admit it was not a very extensive search). So if has been answered in a tutorial/thread before my apologies and I would be grateful If I could be given that link.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe the old Acekard firmware defaulted to naming the save files like this:
    GAME.NDS
    GAME.NDS.SAV

The AKAIO firmware 1.5 defaulted to this:
    GAME.NDS
    GAME.SAV

You can either rename your save files to match, or you can go into your menu options and change the save file setting. I think the .cc files are cheat files for the game, but I'm not 100% sure. They should have nothing to do with the save file.

3. ph34r

ph34r New Member

Worked like a charm. thank you.

Thinking back I should have known that the .cc files are indeed cheat files.

The changing the save file setting option did not work and still loaded a new game. However changing the actual name of the file on my computer did the trick just fine.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It probably only works until you create a new save-file with that format.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.