1. This forum is in read-only mode.

about Wii roms and Wii

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andru13, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andru13

andru13 Member

hi, i just need help. can we booting wii roms to wii by a SD card(or kinda r4,EDGE,etc)??

2. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

from what i know, no

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

You can play Wii ISO's on a Modded Wii. You have the option to either play the games via DVD-R discs or an External HD (Which is your best option if you don't want to burn games onto discs all the time).

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Only via disc or via external hard drive connected to the wii.

And the wii needs to be modded in order to work.

5. andru13

andru13 Member

okay i'll try

how 'bout using homebrew channel and USB loader??

6. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Homebrew Channel is what allows you to use most (If not all) your Homebrew apps, such as Gamecube Backup Launcher for example.

USB loader is what allows you to play Wii ISO's on your Wii via External HD...But just remember, unless your Wii is modded....You cannot use either Homebrew Channel or USB Loader.

7. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Assuming you have the Homebrew Channel and the cIOS revisions, you should be able to use "Configurable USB Loader" to load ISOs or WBFS files off an HD or a suitably large SD.

8. andru13

andru13 Member

okay then...

1 more question, Does the Wii work if the games and the console are in different country??

(example: i play mario party 8(JPN) on my wii(USA).)

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

YES! They do. I was JUSt playing Taiko No Tatsujin Wii with my friend and it definitely works well!

It's region free, just as a ds flash cart would play J, E, and any other games.

Check out this thread for more info. - https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=29153.msg500877#msg500877

just remember you can NEVER update your wii again. NEVER!

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Ace,that reminds me

1.Does it matter if its PAL games if Im in the UK.Can I use any type

2.Could/should I disable/remove WiFi capabilities from the Wii(once modded) so it is not updated "accidentally".

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.No idea, but most modded consoles work with them...but I only know about chipped consoles.

If using iso loaders prehaps you can work around.

2.You can do that to a normal wii, just (for an idiot proof solution) delete the wi-fi settings that connect it to your router.

Or unplug the router/net connection so it's not gonna link you wii up.

And unless wii conect 24 is on, there is little risk of this happening, I leave that off...besides the is normally a warning prompt...plus I just kill the net if it looks like it's updating (I don't this before-well not on purpose since the net decided to sook during the update to 4.0 :( )

12. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if you're using a USB/SD loader, but I don't know about uning burnt backups.
    But when I play a different region game, I set the video mode to PAL 60(Hz) and most NTSC games come out fine!

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Mirror, i play any game that i want to!! I play PAL, NTSC-U and NTSCU-J games even!

you can use whatever type of wii game that you want to! Just load them through the USB Loader GX or Uloader, whichever you prefer!

Burned games work the just the same as USB Loading games, but of course there is a significant loading speed increase playing via USB.

You can disable the wifi if you want. I didn't because i get messages from my friends and play games online with some people. Just depends if you're going to be using wifi or not. You can update your wii shop channel to the latest version as well without updating your entire system.

Just NEVER update through nintendo. :p

14. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

OK,thanks guys its noted.

15. andru13

andru13 Member

OK about that... MY WII GOT ERROR 003!!

Can it still be fixed???!! im so afraid of it! :'( :'( :'(

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Check out one of the guides provided in this.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411.msg638485#msg638485

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.