1. This forum is in read-only mode.

about videos

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hlw_rocer, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

can you change youtube videos into dpg files?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You should be able to.

Save the youtube video as a .flv file using a firefox addon like DownloadHelper. DPGTools can convert FLV directly to DPG I believe. If you can't, then convert FLV to AVI, then to DPG.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably not directly. You would have to download them (.flv) and convert to mpeg/avi, then convert to dpg, and the result would likely be unwatchable (it loses quality every time you convert it, and flv is shit quality to start with).

4. hlw_rocer

i was about to try that! im testing it now i'll see if it works thanks

5. hlw_rocer

D: moon shell wont work theres no moon shell for TTDS :O

6. TirithRR

This will tell you how to setup Moonshell on your TTDS.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71613 under the Frequently Asked Questions. Q. How do I play videos and music? Where's Moonshell??

7. hlw_rocer

thanks is there a easier way to convert youtube videos to dpg? also when i tried it i couldnt find the auto patch thing (nointerface) do i have to do that?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try downloading the "High Quality" version of the Video of course. With SUPER converter, you probably can convert .flv to .dpg straight. Try that.

Oh, DSTT firmware should come with Moonshell by default mang.

9. TirithRR

Should, but doesn't.

From the GBATemp review of the DSTT:

Q. How do I play videos and music? Where's Moonshell??
    A. Somewhat suprising to see a cart nowadays that doesn't have Moonshell built into the GUI. Nonetheless, its easy to install. Just grab Moonshell 1.71 here and run the Setup.exe within. Select English as the language and your flashcart's drive. There will be a long list of flashcarts on the right side of the application. Since the DSTT supports auto-DLDI patching, click "Clear all", and check only the "AUTOPATCH Default (No Interface)" option. Once you've gone through all your options, click the Setup button at the bottom right.

So you have to create a Moonshell.nds file using the moonshell 1.71 exe and put that on your DSTT card.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hmm, Moonshell was included with the firmware when I had a DSTT mang. I don't remember the firmware at that time though.

11. hlw_rocer

:p i wish it still did lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.