1. This forum is in read-only mode.

About to update psp 5.03 to custom 5.00 m33 using hen method...RIGHT NOW

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm sick of these programs not working in hen (ie pops loader) so I decided to do a permanent flash of my psp, it is compatible for it, but I am confused for the process...

This is the method I've chosen method

http://pspslimhacks.com/easy-chickhen-custom-firmware-installer-without-pandora/

Now I'm confused about part of the process...

I am on the offical 5.03 for HEN to work, and I've got hellcat's flasher, and I just got the 5.00 M33 ready, but...

Do I also need the offical 5.00 firmware, or can I just go without, according to the read me txt that came with it I need it, but the HEN guide (which you can see for your selves) doesn't mention anything about that part...

I don't want to flash with unessacary data risking a brick, and likewise I don't want to do it without NESSACARY data, also risking a brick...

Once I recieved your assistance, maybe I'll do a guide for for newbs on the tutural section XD

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Um...never mind, absent minded me forgot that this is an easy installer package...

Well, read the bit of info, or if your admin, do what you like to the topic, if not locked I will post the status of my psp if bricked or not...

EDIT it all worked out, easy installer took care or it, should I make a guide or just post the link in the tutural section, this is an easy to do soft, we don't need pandora battries anymore!

(note-this works on 1000, and 2000 models, but not on the 3000 models...but hen works, enabling homebrew, if at the cost of playing UMD's until they make an update of it, I doubt they will though, they don't like piracy the creators funny enough...)

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It worked...FLAWLESS VICTORY!

...ahem, I took the plunge, no help required, you may lock or delete, I might share this one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.