1. This forum is in read-only mode.

About The 3DS and Bricking of the systems for flashcart usage.....

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by AnimeboyX3, Mar 28, 2011.

1. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

So lemme get this straight through updates Nintendo will brick your 3DS if you use flashcarts.BUT we have ppl who are using flashcarts on their 3DS right now as we speak.So for the ppl who are using Flashcarts on their 3DS aren't you worried with the next upcoming update that your system will brick due to flashcart usage?I mean it's in DS mode only but that still counts as piracy.

Also how is it illegal for Nintendo to pull something like this anyway?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Criminal damage. they have wilfully rendered useless another person's property.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I am not going to use one because I respect Nintendo for making such a valiant machine.
    Though it may be false, I don't want to risk the chance.

Plus, on the back of the games it says,
    The WILL part is the thing that gets my mind though.

4. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

That message is being around since GBC times though.

5. AnimeboyX3

If that's the case.Then Nintendo of America may have to find another way of Anti Piracy.

Hm.... I wish someone with a 3DS who used flashcart on it could fill me in though.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The will has just started recently that I have seen and read.

On Super Scribblenauts, it says,
    Nothing in my GB manual of Pac-Man says anything of a device rendering the system unplayable.

7. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna wait for more info on hacking to be released before I even touch a 3DS. There are 3DS flashcards, but it doesn't seem anyone's been able to emulate a 3DS rom on any yet. Only DS roms. So have any 3DS games been dumped yet? I know there isn't an emulator yet, but I just want to take a look at the roms.

8. AnimeboyX3

Sadly none.

I also heard that the whole 3DS bricking for usage of Flashcarts was a rumor to scare off hackers and pirates....

9. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

its no joke i know 50 ppl who lost the ability to play there 3ds system so i say good on you nintendo bye to pirates

10. AnimeboyX3

Well If that's the case then no 3DS for me ever!I'm too poor to keep buying games for it.Thanks for filling me in

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

And I know over 9000 people who skydived over 9000 miles above the earth without a parachute and survived after they fell.

12. AnimeboyX3

Lol.You know anyone who used a flashcart on their 3DS and didn't happen to brick?

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There are a few on GBATemp that I have read and they haven't bricked their systems when they used it. Not sure though. I'm not going to risk it. It may be in the updates like said before.

14. AnimeboyX3

That's what I'm in fear of too.We're just going to have to wait and see....

15. Loonylion

I very much doubt you know 50 people with a 3ds.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I only know me. No one else I know has one.

17. 1991PokeGuy

1991PokeGuy Member

QFT

18. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

I updated and my 3DS is fine. I was using a Supercard DS tWo i had it in there even though it doesnt work just to test

19. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Even if your flashcard works your 3ds will eventfully get bricked if your lucky it won't.

20. Loonylion

not necessarily. Probably won't.