1. This forum is in read-only mode.

About psp emulation...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1. I see topics about transferring ps1 games to psp...is it easy, and is just saved on memory card?

2.I hear it can emulate other systems, but not as well as ds, can it actually do the same as ds NEAR as good, and what other systems can it emulate thanks to the added power?

3.Dumb to ask, but the umd's are unique and thus can't be copied right?

4.Can you download a psp game and just play it off the memory card, if so is it an easy process and what stuff is needed?

5.I heard there are psp emulators around, but can't emulate commercial games, I'm guessing the umd's can't be read from a standard pc, but can you play off the iso's people have generated on the emulators?

6.Do you need customer fireware?

7. Which version psp is reccomended for emulation of other systems (if applies)

8. what exactly is the max size for the memory cards the psp uses, I'm only familier with SD and CF cards...

I'm thinking of getting one just for emulating purposes since I technically can't stand sony's games division and thus would rather buy second hand stuff if it means sony get's nothing off me again, um but yeah...a little help might be required (sorry sony fans-i may have sony music stuff but can't stand the systems themselves!)

ps please answer in the same format as the questions, so I keep track of where each is...incase I get lost :(

Thank you all in advance...game boy advance that is! (can it do that too, see question 2)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

First,

Read the PSP FAQ in the tutorial section:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=12875.0

It will answer most of your questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.