1. This forum is in read-only mode.

About getting a 3DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Lephantome92, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

I wanna get a 3DS soon, but I'm too impatient to wait for the vita to come out so i can get a used 3ds for an assload cheaper than normal. ok, heres the dilemma. if i trade in my lite at gamestop i can get a bit of a discount, but my flashcart wont work on a 3ds (m3 ds real). the only physical ds games i have are ff3 (completed), pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of darkness, polarium (its meh at best, got it from a sister for xmas), and several pokemon games (pearl, platinum, and white (which i havent fully finished yet)). are there enough games built in w the 3ds free (i cant access wifi at college, only at home. well, maybe i can access the guest wifi connection here, must test. ill say no to be safe) that i can survive w/out buying games till the vita comes out and the variety of used 3ds games grows?
    also, where should i go? if y'all think i should trade in my lite, do you know if Nintendo Store in New York City would give credit for trading my lite, would it be better to go there or GameStop? Although i bought it used, it still looks new imho. (if you really want pics/a vid, i can make it)

EDIT: the trip to NYC is on december 5 (i think, i can check in a little bit), so i need a general idea very soon, please.

EDIT 2: said NYC trip is december 3. please, if you have an idea, share!!

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Which game style do you prefer? The more action games are on the vita and the more family friendly/rpg games are on the 3DS. Classics like Zelda and so on.

3. Lephantome92

lol sorry i guess i was a bit ambiguous. i kinda prefer ninty overall. im (maybe) waiting for the vita just because of the likelyhood that some ppl who have a 3ds will trade, but like i said, im becoming impatient for a 3ds
    as for games, i usually like more laid-back games, but there are some more intense games. pretty much the most action i played and liked on the ds was ff3. that or kingdom hearts. but those kh's are just spinoffs, and i prefer the 'real' kh. aaaaaaanyways, i prefer the storyline to just having a lot of action. also, i know psp has most of the ff games, but im not gonna get it for just one series. it seems most of their games are shooters, which i dont particularly care for.

4. Lephantome92

bump for help

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

6. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

I second that, the excusives on the 3ds will be better than those on the psvita that will probably be portable versions of PS3 exclusives.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can't know that, therefore your use of the word 'will', implying fact, is not valid.

8. Lephantome92

grr i hate it when im bad with words. ok, im getting a 3ds, however there are no used ones that i can find. now, when the vita comes out, theres a high chance there will be people trading their 3ds for credit, thus there will be used 3ds. however, im not patient enough any more to wait till then. so, gamestop or nintendo store this saturday?

9. Lephantome92

well, when i left for NYC i had more than enough to get a 3ds, but after eating, i didnt have enough to get a 3ds (just barely). mods, lock away if you wish.

10. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I'd honestly just wait for a Vita. I have a 3DS and while the three games I've played have been fun, I find myself playing original DS games more than those. The 3D effects aren't quite perfect, depending on your eyes and the game you will likely experience ghosting, and then the lack of a second nub thing I can see being an issue with future games.