1. This forum is in read-only mode.

about bug in parasite eve 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dawker, Sep 18, 2010.

1. dawker

dawker Member

hey gang how are you all across the whole world:0

ok i do have a problem and i dinno if someone else got the same prob as i do.

i just got parasite eve 2 from romulation website, BUT i do own the original,witch is
    kinda screwy.

Now here is the thing.

When i load the game in my emulator, the square soft logho apper normally...
    but right after this.. the game doe not load at all.

so is this a emulator problem or has the game been badly dump?

why im asking this its simple... ok my forst cd of parasites eve 2 work when it want to.. guess there is too many
    scratch on it... and still have not found any one around where i live that can buff it to a good working way.

anyway, than k in advance poeple:)

dawker

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Please specify which emulator and version of that emulator you're running.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Most likely a AP of some sort the later PSX games had them.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I doubt it's AP. Freezing at the title screen is usually caused by a problem with your graphics plugin. Like stated before, what emulator are you trying to use?

Start off using ePSXe 1.5.2, and Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 or D3D 1.77 plugin. Default "Nice" settings. Most games work with these settings, from that point you can troubleshoot further.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

As an afterthought and your disregarding the AP ideal I now realize I may have had my wires crossed, I recalled a user complaining about Dino Crisis and it was indeed the AP but he was trying to get it to play on the console not on an emulator.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are PSX games which have anti-piracy. But they did usually have some indication like "You are playing on a modded console" or Spyro's odd glitches, etc. Some of these AP methods show up when using an Emulator (depends on which bios version you use, I believe).