1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Aaron Fresh vs Justin Bieber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RenaldoTT, May 13, 2010.

?

Who do you prefer more?

This poll will close on Sep 27, 2037 at 6:04 PM.
  1. Aaron Fresh - Born American raised Trinidadian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Justin Bieber - Born American raised American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

This is a sample song from Justin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1tss6JPGoM

Another from Justin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4

This is a sample song from Aaron
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P1DK3mpATc

Another from Aaron because this is another genre he's doing in this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31jsJ886nbY

Now personally I favor Aaron more because we grew up in the same country and are friends with the same people. So to me he's not a celebrity just another cool Trinidadian brother. I don't favor Justin as much because his music to me seems to be stuck in the same phase unlike Aaron who mixes things up, with up beat music and nice R&B style music. Now Aaron has two videos and has been out at a less longer time that Justin but Justin should watch out, Aaron's Trini blood kicks in major at Carnival time and once that local fan base is sealed. Well talk done, but putting aside your tastes in music if you had to chose one of them who would it be, based on voice, presentation, lyrics and the feeling you get from listening and watching them. Vote now!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I dislike them both because I only listen to metal and hardcore techno.

3. RenaldoTT

Hynos if you had to choose? which one would it be?

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

hmmm hard decision......No, i would definately shoot justin first then aaron 2nd

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Hmm, i hate them both

i pick neither

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

He sounds just like Evanescence! Oh wait, it IS Evanescence...

As for the other one, some stupid generic rap with lyrics like all other rappers from "the hood" with a generic music video and a generic rapper style clothing and sunglasses etc.

I'm "meh", there's nothing impressive about him, he's just another one from the group of exactly the same people selling music to tweens who are blinded by the fame and think it equals good music automatically.

Beiber isn't really worth commenting on, you can only keep auto-tuning his voice for so long, eventually his balls will drop and he'll either have to show he's actually got something unique or he'll fade and we'll all happily forget him.

7. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Justin Bieber is Canadian....

8. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

9. RenaldoTT

Aaron isn't from the "hood" thought lol I should know because we are from the suburbs and aaron does have good music because his music it's just not your taste that's all

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

He sure does act like he's from the hood. My gripe is not with the music genre. There is some excellent rap around, my favourites being Danish rappers mostly since rap relies heavily on lyrics so foreign rap has a hard time, but to pick a currently popular, and foreign, track then "Stromae - Alors on Dance" which is French and electronica mixed with a sort of low-key rap. The rap Aaron does is the generic very-American-like rap about money, the beat is identical to all the other rap, the lyrics are unoriginal, how much rap about dirty girls, money, guns etc? The subjects just repeats themselves, it's like no American rap ever dares to be different, it's factory produced and it's all been heard before. So yeah, it's not my taste, but that's because I actually have some.

11. RenaldoTT

Ok well let me correct you on some points, firstly Aaron does not rap I don't know where you got that idea but it is false. He himself is a singer, the beat he used for dirty girl was in no way similar to most american rap because it itself had a dancehall tempo to it, as in Jamaican dancehall. Dirty girl had nothing to do about money guns etc. it basically had to do with a girl that "gettin on bad" in a party. Which is a big deal for us Caribbean people. If we're in a party and a girl is real wining and she looking good doing it, we want some of that action, so a lot of dancehall music and soca is about being in a party. Also spending all my time is again, not rap it's very unique in the sense that it combines the reggae feel with smoothing singing and catchy lyrics. The line "you're my medicine, make me better when, all hope starts running away" is kind of a common line to call a girl your medicine but the fact that it's used in this song not in a cleche form gives it meaning to me as a person. Aaron's lyrics or the lyrics for his songs aren't deep, why because the key objective here is for people to enjoy his music and grasps the concepts quickly. So again this seems to not your taste because somehow you have the genre mixed up with rap for a strange reason, if you're talking about the rap part at the end of dirty girl, that's not even supposed to be there, the original song does not have it. I'll check out the rap you talked about, if I don't like it, I'll get back to you.

12. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

well said Seph!!loved your spech :)

13. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is Aaron Fresh?

14. sylar1000

Man you really don't seem to like others people opinion when they don't like your type of music

15. RenaldoTT

I was just correcting him didn't you read that I said I'm going to check out his music and if I don't like it I'll let him know... because I like all music I just didn't like how he called Aaron a rapper when he wasn't this guy stroma has a very nice hook in his song... it's catchy and I like it.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Apparently so.

I didn't read that fully.

I don't like either of them to be honest with you. I listen to just about anything except Disney kids and modern American rap. I'll listen to the old-school rap like Ton Loc, but that's about it...
    I'm more of a Dethklok, Mastodon, and Woodhands fan.

I don't find anything catchy about it.
    Now what's catchy are the rifs in Beelzeboss.

17. sylar1000

"He does have good music, it's just not your type"

Nah he doesn't have good music, not everyone is gonna like justin beaver or aaron freshy mcfresh

18. RenaldoTT

Different people different tastes, I was brought up in a culture filled with just diversity, people, music religion ... so my tastes would be vastly different ... not counting that I'm a different person all together

19. sylar1000

Congrats? I'm sure a lot of people in America were raised in a diverse place, doesn't really have anything to do with beaver or fresh

20. RenaldoTT

It would actually, the Caribbean is more diverse than America as a whole.