1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A World of Difference with the Acekard

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by dancubs, Oct 2, 2010.

1. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Just yesterday, I purchased an Acekard 2i. Hands down, one of the best decisions I've made in my life, if not, then in the past year.

I've previously owned an R4i Gold, and before that, I legitimately bought retail games. Neither mode of enjoying my DSi made me completely happy. Buying retail games, is rewarding, actually owning a game having the box and the manuals; and quite vindicating, knowing deep inside that everyone else is pirating and hacking all the while you are doing the right thing. But it was burning a whole right through my pockets. I'm a full-time student, and I take odd-jobs here and there, with no steady income besides my allowance, which is nowhere near enough to sate my gaming appetite. After a couple of years of buying a retail game here and there, I came to terms and threw my inhibitions away. And bought myself a flashcart. Although I wasn't all too happy about it at first, it wasn't too long until the massive amount of games and how many I can keep in one micro sd overwhelmed me, and I was happy, for a while. I enjoyed my r4i gold for a while, then it started to bog down on me. It couldn't restart itself, and everytime I had to turn off the DSi, I'd have to wait 5 minutes or so until the cart would respond again. So annoying. This caused me to play with the DSi a lot less, barely touching it once a day.

Came yesterday, I said enough, and bought an Acekard. Loaded up AKAIO and all the games and themes.

Me and my DSi are once again inseperable.

2. kosta032

kosta032 Well-Known Member

congrats on ur purchase but i got the supercard dstwo 3 days ago and im impatiently waiting as i have a r4 III upgrade which ive had for 3 year :D but its got shitty game compatability and i love the idea of playing te classic gba and snes games on my flash card

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Best decision in your life? Damn, you must have a harsh life. But yes, an Acekard 2i is good.

4. dancubs

Ever heard of hyperbole?

5. anthonypopo

anthonypopo Well-Known Member

yup i used to buy flash cart games too :O like 2 of them then i bought the r4 that turned out to be crap, and this year i have the acekard2i

6. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

DStwo is still better :p

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Not for me :p

My Acekard 2.1 and 4 GB SD card was 20 bucks all together, so far it hasn't let me down.

8. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

except with super scribblenauts. :p

9. sylar1000

I don't like scribblenauts :p

10. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Congrats.

11. goodle101

goodle101 Well-Known Member

I really wanna do the samthing as you and ditch r4i

12. kosta032

cough cough supercard is better cough cough

13. sylar1000

And like 5 times more expensive.

14. kosta032

not 5 timesmine was 25 buck

15. sylar1000

And my Acekard was 10 :). I still don't regret getting an acekard 2.1, it's great

16. kosta032

nah better compatability but acekard is also good cause my mate has one if u can fford it get the dstwosuper card but if not go for the acekard their the 2 best things

ps apparently i heard that acekard was a clone of supercard but was soo good it became its own

17. dancubs

This is the first time I've heard this. "ACEKARD WAS CLONE OF SUPERCARD"

Can anyone confidently prove or dispute this? I have a feeling it's completely false.

18. kosta032

thats what i though

19. sylar1000

The compatibility is fine for me ;), usually every game i want to play works on Acekard within a day or two in one way or another anyway. I don't think the acekard is a supercard clone though, not sure though,

20. kosta032

thats what i think but i saw it on one of the forums