1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A Witches Tale won't continue past selecting New Game

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sildra, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sildra

Sildra Member

I'm using ez-flash Vi with firmware v.5, the stable release. When I run it it's all fine up until I choose new game, then it says "Welcome to A Witch's Tale" Then fades to black...

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Have you tryed to patch it? (to say it myself, i can't patch...)

3. Sildra

Sildra Member

No I haven't... but I guess I should try. Ezflash is supposed to be piracy-check proof, BAH.

Edit: Switchin the Arm7 doesn't fix it, and using the DRM option in Ez-Flash doesn't help either.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Piracy check auto patches are not perfect, and are just based on previous games. On every card that has the feature, sometimes new checks come out that aren't patched correctly, so the firmware needs to be updated.

But this game doesn't have any anti-piracy. The problem is likely something else. Like outdated firmware. Check for updates, I think v5 is pretty old.
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ lists up to v12 for the EZFlash Vi.

5. Sildra

Sildra Member

Woah you're right! The official site only has V5 listed ::)

That'd be cool if it made it work though, even the V14 on that site doesn't work. Still black screened. Thanks though : /

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Backup your games and saves, format your card and reinstall the firmware.

Freezing issues are sometimes fixed by formatting and starting fresh (it has to do with the speed of the MicroSD).

7. Sildra

Sildra Member

I reformatted my card and reinstalled it... And still a black screen... BAH!

8. megagal1978

megagal1978 New Member

Installing the latest alpha RC kernel on the EZflash vi will get you past the start screen. You can get it here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15137

However, even with this kernel release the game still freezes at certain points after starting the game. Has anybody with an EZflash vi gotten it to work?

9. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

So, nothing work, eh? Then, how it can? Maybe mds64 can help, he knows much! Anyway, I think TrithRR can think something up in his head too! He is smart... But, do you check the site regulary? If, maybe there is nothing to do... I think it is the card, maybe he isn`t compatible with the game! I had that too, with some game, but its working with a trick! How I did, I will keep secret...

10. megagal1978

megagal1978 New Member

I was able to get it to work by installing the latest firmware (v14) along with the 2.0RC6 kernel.

11. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I have a R4 SDHC 4GB kernel 1.26 and I can't play this came

it freezes i have tried to use other firmwire but they do not
    work on my card some please give me a solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.