1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a week old fruit.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jun 12, 2008.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i just remember that i have a mango a week ago, so i just took it out from the refrigerator cut it and eat it last night, it was sweet, til i notice there is something moving on it.....when i take a closer look, it was tiny worms.....so i dont care and just finish the mango (since i already finish 2/3 of it)

so the question is....where the hell does those worm came from?

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Worms can survive in the human body system smart one...

and you answer is simple:Evolution....or Not

3. calvin_0

so you are saying the mango is turning into tiny worms?

btw i dont really care if they survive in my body.....its not my 1st time to eat a living worms.....

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

no that evolution joke was a lie, the real reason is: parasites can live everywhere

5. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

parasites cannot live everywhere they can only live with their hosts, without them parasites won't have anything to consume....................remember your biology

6. calvin_0

nah, I dont think he mean that literary.....i think he just mean you can find parasite everywhere, in food, water, meat...and so on.....

but still i wonder how the hell they get into the mango.....

7. calvin_0

do they lay thier eggs into the fruit or just on top of the fruit?

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm afraid your mistaken, the "worms"/Young of fruit flies are called larvae :)

9. calvin_0

larvae, worms, what the differ? they are both long, rod-like, living thing....

10. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

larvae is a stage in a life cycle of a certain animal, worms are worms til they die :p like

11. calvin_0

i know what the differ between them.....i just pointed it out that it doesnt matter to call them worm or larvae because they look the same....

12. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

not really imo worms are long slender and sleek while larvae have more grooves but whatever

oh about your other question assuming that this week old fruit was out of the refrigirator for a week or had it been uncovered a fly would have been able to lay its eggs on the fruit meat so that the larvae/worms will hatch then eat it

13. calvin_0

the mango was un-cut while in the refrigerater, and i dont think it was possible for the egg to hatch for such short time....

14. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

maybe the eggs were already laid evenbefore you bought it

15. calvin_0

that will be the case.....

16. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

i think you should check your other food, because most likely, there's more of these worm in the refrigerator.

17. calvin_0

dont worry, the only food left are in the freezer.

18. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They should be dead then. Just make sure to eat all your food within a sensible period of time.

19. calvin_0

sometime you just cant remember there is something left to eat.....

20. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I remember some video on the Yahoo Homepage where this guy takes out a couple boxes of like 13 year old Twinkies. They were hard as rocks, and he smashed them.