1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A thought about Anti-Piracy issues...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zidane28, Mar 13, 2010.

1. zidane28

zidane28 New Member

Ok...I believe all flashcarts NDS player are seriously getting annoyed by all these AP issues...Instead of waiting for patches or keep whining, why not take some initiative like start to learn how to patch all those games?

I quote this words is because all of us can think what this Mclennan did until flashcart firmware patches is not working and try to help those flashcart makers to combat this issues...

Surely what we are doing is not correct (using flashcart to play NDS games) but...Just thinking bringing whole stacks of NDS carts really freaks me out.

Is there any place for me to start to learn all these patchy thingy?

2. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Whoah. Finally someone wants to be responsible. Good.
    But what do you mean? Making your own patchers or patching it yourself?
    If you want to make your own patcher, I suggest you learn how to hack. But if you mean the latter, then start by searching the internet for patches. And I don't mean the arm7 ones, I mean the ones that Xenophobia and BAHAMUT makes. You must download the patchers, put the rom in the same folder as the .bat file, rename it to the specified name (like xpa-lozst.nds for Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks) and run the .bat file. Sure it may take some time, but once you open your DS, and play that game, and see it finally work, it can be really rewarding. Trust me, I know.

3. zidane28

zidane28 New Member

Thanks for the reply.

But I guess I have to start with Google search on how to hack NDS roms and I doubt whether I can find any links that can help me...

I know a bit programming (seriously just a bit) so I probably a bit far to hack.

Just curious to McLennan statement on how he do it. Maybe I need to learn how to hack first then only I can know the way to stop his so-called unbreakable protection.

4. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Trust me, at this rate, professional hackers are almost UNSTOPPABLE.
    (BTW, I know NOTHING about programming (except HTML) so don't trust me that much, mmkay?)

5. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Start learning assembly, then everything will be easier for you.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Or you could just buy the game

Novel concept, i know, but strangely if you buy it, you don't have to worry about AP at all ;)

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Unless it was made by Ubisoft. Then you can only play it if you pirate it. ;)

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Yeah! How dare those companies try to stop me from stealing from them, they should be more considerate.

9. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

You're only stealing from their hypothetical money anyway, it's not really COSTING them anything except sales they planned for... added another floor to their mansions, bought a third Mercedes...

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Pay for the months, sometimes years of game development, all the hard work by numerous programmers, testers, designers, voice actors, planners, etc.
    Game development obviously costs nothing, it's just a piece of plastic, right?

11. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Second that. Some people think that game developers are millionaire. Only the softhouses are.