1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a team to build a community driven downloading site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hbworld, Apr 16, 2010.

1. hbworld

hbworld Member

Hey,

I am looking for some guys that would like to help me build a community driven downloading site (Homebrew). I have the host and CMS. But some other staff. I am happy when its all complete for you to add google adsense ads on the site ect to pay for funds ect.

Thanks.

2. klosec12

klosec12 Active Member

i can gladly help with forums but i cant put any of my own money into the project sorry

3. hbworld

hbworld Member

But, if you do put a small amount into building it, i am happy for you to ad google adsense ads on the site.

4. klosec12

klosec12 Active Member

yeah i would love to but i cant at all
    although u could probably use a free website maker

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't use a free website maker. Also don't use a prebuilt CMS, a lot of them are bloated and clunky. Learn to write code and develop your own system, like we did for RomUlation. Also put your own money into it, dont mooch off random people.

6. klosec12

klosec12 Active Member

wow great idea loony i think that we should definatly write a code for it as it would be easier. im currently learning how to write a code and i might be able to help

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

In a few months you might be able to help... in a few years you might be able to do it properly. While what Loony suggests is indeed the ideal you're going to mess up badly if you start from scratch without some sort of mentor to guide you.

8. klosec12

klosec12 Active Member

well im currently learning from IT and one of my friends is great with coding so i dont know if it will work but still it is practise