1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A suggestion...about points (might not be liked)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mds64, May 30, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

When I realised that the points system was for and the implications were, I thought all games were affected...until I had a look thru, not all are...some un-popular games don't have a point cost...

And of course the smaller games (nes, etc) don't have one...

But may I ask, is the download site under any stress, I mean, if we all download multiple small games wouln't that cause a strain?

Mine is to have all games use points, so that

1.So points don't gather up and then (after like a million are saved) blow the servers

2.To prevent ANY server strain

3....so my lazy points have something to do XD (it's rare I download psx games, though I'm curious that the most downloaded item, ds roms, don't have a cost, last time I checked that is...)

THAT unfriendly idea is to help the site in away, I'm guessing that it will be rejected as it may turn users away, but I thought I say it anyway..

Now for the random idea...

How about another use for points, if we had music (still) it could have been one idea, or prehaps...

Those user trades, we could "swap/barter" points for acess for those links they provide, of course optional (can give them free, but it could be an alternitive...) or even just another sort of downloadable option...

I call this random because while I thought about it I haven't thought of a secondary use of the points other than music...movies prehaps (trading forum only) or even torrent links?

And I apoligise about the first idea...I have a...bussiness type mind...even though i suck with money (hence why I come here, to save it...)

Thanks for your time....(don't hurt me)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we have very powerful servers, lots of people downloading small files isn't a problem. Lots of people downloading lots of big files is a problem because of the amount of money it costs us. Thus the points are used as currency on here, people who buy points/premium membership help pay for our bandwidth, and people who don't cant use excessive amounts because of their points.