1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a second zelda title for wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ultra, Mar 5, 2007.

?

do you believe that a fully dedicated wii zelda game will be released for the future

1. don't need one, twilight princess is enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. don't need one, twilight princess is enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

i believe sometime in the near future, nintendo will release a second zelda game fully dedicated to the wii functions and capabilities. i feel that they kind of felt disappointed with twilight princess because it was more of a port rather then a full dedicated game for the wii. in a way, it didn't fully show off nintendo's creativity that they could have showed to the world.

post your thoughts and comments.

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I have 5 GCN Zelda games. OoT/MQ, Collector's Edition, FSA, WW, and TP. There's no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will release a second Zelda title.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I really hope they do, I'm not sure though, if you look at how much each Zelda game have sold it has been a downwards slope. I voted yes because I didn't want to jinx anything though. :p

4. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

grrr I'm still sad about the last too...

5. totalwar23

totalwar23 Member

they better come up with something for the wii
    i have a wii but game selection(at least good ones)
    is kind limited even with expanding into the gamecube library.
    i hope RPG titles will come out soon

6. ultra

ultra Guest

usually, the first year of a next generation system have games that are ported from the previous system. but eventually after that developers would have a more firmer grip on understanding and knowing what works best here and there and know what they should include and such. look at resident evil 4, which is a great example of unexpectation.

7. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

If you look at Nintendo's track record with the Zelda titles, it appears that two Zelda games are released for every console. I'm not sure if that's the case for SNES though.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I've only ever seen one on SNES.

9. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

There was Zelda BS for the SNES if that counts...

10. Loonylion

link to the past was the one I knew

11. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

That was the only one, but all the others have at most 2 zelda games. That's one reason I think the series stills kicks ass. Capcom over did it with the Super Duper Extra Large Street Fighter Alpha Deluxe Hyper Turbo Championship Edition. They also did it with Megaman and Battle Network. Koei is doing it with Dynasty Warriors.

12. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Well the Gamecube only really had one Zelda...Twilight Princess doesn't really count..
    Will there be another Wii Zelda?..I dont think so...the Wii wont be around long enough (shock..horror).
    I reckon Nintendo are secretly developing the ultimate console and the Wii is just to distract people..

13. Loonylion

I doubt it. They are experienced enough to know that there will never be an ultimate console. Technology moves too fast to allow such a thing to exist.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

Capcom is probably going to do it with Devil May Cry sooner or later too.

I wish they'd release a new Breath of Fire though.

15. MicChap008

MicChap008 New Member

Yes I can see Nintendo bringing us another Zelda title out in the future..Let's hope it is on the Wii..I played almost every one to date and only a few failed ( on the CD-i system many years ago).

16. heroinmonkey

heroinmonkey New Member

The Wii has a weird tendency to follow games that were released on one of their lesser systems (DS and Gamecube).
    I would not be surprised if they made a Wii counterpart for the DS's Zelda: Phantom Hourglass title.

17. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

For me, the over all impression of Zelda TP, from start to finish. Was that the developers were lazy. They held back the release, when the game (I suspect) was already finished, and it started to fail as a Zelda game, about half way.

From what I hear, people are already selling they're Wii's, because the "gimmick" has wore off, and there's a lack of free games right now!

18. xCola

xCola New Member

i think we would see in 2 or 3 years the next zelda :p

19. kayleigh2108

kayleigh2108 Active Member

they are making one, it was started before the release of the wii, but development was stopped as they decided to bundle it with a port of Twilight Princess to improve sales, but apparently they are now continuing work on a wii-specific game. I can't wait :) think its about 4 years away yet though

20. mrras

mrras Active Member

Wasn't there going to be some zelda spinoff game that you could get with the wii controller ?
    I heard it on the gamefaqs boards, so I might be wrong.