1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A reason certain NDS games are'nt made into roms?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pika23, Sep 26, 2008.

1. pika23

pika23 Member

So, I'm questioning why certain DS games are not made into roms...like is there a compatibility problem? Or is it that the rom creators think it won't be popular? I'm mainly asking about Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure from Atlus/NIS. It seems that there are people wanting this game, as I have talked to some on NDS-roms IRC chat, I mean I could see not uploading something along the lines of DOgz fashion or something, but even that kind of game gets dumped! What is the reason they won't dump this for US gamers?

2. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

The dumping team cant always dump/release games that soon, its only been two days since that game was on retail. Just be patient. It will probably get dumped on the next few days.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If people want it so bad then why don't they go buy it? and then dump it for the rest of us? Don't tell me you can't afford $40 for a game once in a while.

4. pika23

pika23 Member

Okay...no offense...but I have no clue how to dump them or whatever...and IF it's not released in a week I am going to buy it. I just was curious as to what the criteria was...I didn't mean to sound impatient or anything...beleive me, if I knew how to dump a rom I would and help out people....I'm pretty new to the whole scene having got a flash cart in april

5. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

Here is one of the easiest ways to do it, in case you wanna give it a go.
    http://www.monroeworld.com/myfaq/index.php?action=artikel&artlang=en&cat=7&id=85

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If you have a slot2 cart then it's dirt easy, if you have a slot1 cart then it's easily to learn. And as you can see there are plenty of guides around for it. :)

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can also dump it via a Download Station and wifi, but that's a hell lot harder :)

8. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

lol, yea some games take a while to be dumped, and i was really impatient for Digimon Championship ( came the next day after release) :p

9. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

you just gotta be patient, look its out now...

10. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

You don't even have to buy the games... not sure about the situation in other countries but in the UK, you can rent DS games online from sites like LoveFilm.com and in-store from places like Blockbuster, dump them and then just give them back...

11. anandjones

That's what most of the dumpers/groups do, to prevent themselves from living on the street.

12. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Hey thanks man!!! Now i can trim my own games i owned so far for my neighbour. (He would download them itself from romulation, but he hasnt internet and im to lazy to download games for him I owned myself original)

13. anandjones

You just use TokyoTrim for trimming..

14. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

thats right, tokyo trim is very nice and my favorit trim tool since moths.