1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a quetion about DVD storage device

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XD9999, Jan 2, 2009.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

In the Philippines movie PIRACY is very common and not very illegal. What wonders me is that they sell this "10-in-1 movies" per 1 DVD. How does 10 movies fit into one DVD?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

resolution and bitrate are reduced, and they might be transcoded to a different codec.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Most ripped movies are ripped at 700MB so that they can fit onto a single CD (standard 'scene' standards) They can be further reduced in size and crammed onto a DVD, though usually quality is very poor. Most pirated movies that my friends have purchased overseas have been cams, not even DVD rips. Dual layer DVDs are 8.5GB, so you should be able to fit 12 movies (give or take depending on length) onto one disk.

4. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

It's not very illegal? I don't understand that. Either it's illegal or it isn't. It probably is illegal but no one does anything about it. In my country they sell pirated DVD's on the side of the roads and by traffic stops. There is this flea market where they sell pirated XBOX and PC games. They always have the latest ones. This one time I saw a cop buying games for himself.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

XD means that it IS illegal & there are authorities who go after syndicates (yes here in our country, Media Piracy is under a huge crime syndicate ring) but because some other authorities (Policemen, Governors, Mayors AND even Congressmen) are tied in with these syndicates nothing can be done to totally erradicate Media Piracy here. Plus given the fact that the average person falling under the middle class to the lower brackets "support" Media Piracy by buying them, the Authorities appear to be the Bad guys & the Pirates the Heroes.

You can't blame them really, the price of Media Entertainment is so high here that they have to support media piracy. Picture this, in our local Currency, an original PS2 game costs somewhere between Php (Philippine peso, 1$USD = 48. something Php) 2,500 to 5,000, most people below the middle class range don't even earn that amount in a month so why the Farge will they spend that much if they can buy them for as low as Php 80.00 per game?

I know it's a bit disgusting but that's how things are here. But you have to admit one good thing about all this, if you bought a PS2 on one of the Malls here, you can be assured that it was pre-modded even before you bought it, that's how deep the Piracy syndicate is here.

On that note, it's strange that there seems to be no stores here who stock up & sell CycloDS Evolution carts as of yet.

6. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you Cahos. For example when it comes to music, I could never fork out nearly 200 Rand (our local South African currency) when I can just download it online for free. I know it is sad, but with prices so high for cd's and games, it's no wonder people order and buy pirated goods. GTA 4 original here is about R399 whilst a pirated copy is R80. That's a massive difference.