1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A question to all Dragon Ball fans

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by munchybubbles, Jul 20, 2010.

1. munchybubbles

munchybubbles Member

I have been looking into the dragon ball series however I realized that there was dragon ball, dragon ball Z, dragon ball GT, and dragon ball Z kai...
    Which of the series is the best to watch/start off with?

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I would start with Dragon Ball, then Dragon Ball Z (or Kai) and then GT if you must, but you won't miss out on anything if you skip it. :p

3. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

I'd suggest DB, then Kai, and just skip GT all together.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I ABSOLUTELY agree on the last part 100% as GT was very un-appealing for me :p

The addition of a female Saiyan Fighter was such an interesting idea, but YET AGAIN!? Goku was the star of the show :p

It'd been awesome to see a female Super Saiyan fighter, but no.... the producers of the show insisted on over powering Goku even further.

And as a little trivia for you... Did you know Akira Toriyama actually wanted to end the series after the Cell Saga? He admittedly said that he was getting fed up with the series & he even did not like the Boo Saga chapter at all?

5. munchybubbles

munchybubbles Member

thank you, I'll do that

6. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

DBZ and DB Kai is the same, Kai is a remake so it looks nicer, and with no filler. But I suggest DBZ instead of Kai, Z has good filler.

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well Pan is the only good thing about GT, i just love the episode where she become the queen bee.

IF only Pan were stronger.

anyway as everyonr said, DB -> DBZ... GT is optional since its not canon.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I didn't know that. :p

I loved Majin Buu...

9. Arbalabrax

Arbalabrax Member

Dragon ball its great anime
    Post Merge: [time]1281075918[/time]
    Dragon ball its great anime

10. checirecat

checirecat Member

If you begin to watch the series of Dragon ball, "Dragon ball" is better because it is the first episode of its series. ;D

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Like the rest say, I'd start with Dragon Ball, then Dragon Ball Z, then GT if you really want to.
    I just got it because I am downloading all of them for someone on here and because I want them as well.
    Also, watch the movies too.

4 for Dragon Ball, 13 for DBZ, and 1 for GT.

12. RomRomPawnch

RomRomPawnch Well-Known Member

Dragon ball, Dragon Ball Z watch the first episode of GT (or skip it all together).

Never watched Kai.